2019 : New Year's resolutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 : New Year's resolutions

Its that time again my dear friends when we need to open up and record our resolutions...
    Will be adding some when I have thought about it a bit more.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Leave pharmacy

Comment

Originally posted by mcitr View Post
      Leave pharmacy
      So a step by step plan is needed.
      Take some time over your christmas break (I know it is a very short one!) to make the plan.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Yes, the rest of England will be off from lunchtime Friday until the New Year. Pharmacists in retail will be working on Saturday, then, hopefully, Sunday off, Working Monday and then back at work on the Thursday. In Industry, I usually stopped on the 21st Dec, went back on the 4th Jan.
        johnep

Comment

We're open Christmas day and boxing day too

Comment

Not open Christmas day, evenrything else. No generosity from the LPC this year, this is the second most stingy year we've had off the NHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post

So a step by step plan is needed.
              Take some time over your christmas break (I know it is a very short one!) to make the plan.
              Already working on that, leaving of my own means,

Curiously enough, the dolphins had long known of the impending destruction of community pharmacy and had made attempts to alert mankind to the danger; but most of their communications were misinterpreted as amusing attempts at banter or negativity, so they eventually gave up and left by their own means shortly before the Vogons arrived.

As Fagan says I'm reviewing, the situation.
              For those pharmacists here:

I'm reviewing the situation
              Can a pharmacist be a villain all their life?
              All the trials and tribulations
              Better settle down and get myself a life

And a life would book locum shifts for me
              And come for me, and go for me
              And go for me and nag at me
              The fingers it will wag at me
              The money it will take from me
              A misery, it'll make from me
              I think I'd better think it out again!

Comment

To be fair, our local computer shop, part of a chain, is open, and manager is working from last Monday until mid-afternoon Christmas Eve. Not sure when they're open again; I think Thursday.

Comment

I did an hour on Christmas day for a few years. Quite enjoyed it. A few EHCs and the odd antibiotic, otherwise very quiet.
                  johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Merlyn View Post
                    To be fair, our local computer shop, part of a chain, is open, and manager is working from last Monday until mid-afternoon Christmas Eve. Not sure when they're open again; I think Thursday.
                    I'm sure there are all sorts of walks of life that have to cover christmas.
                    An acquaintance is a coastguard volunteer who may well get called out on NYE/NYD to rescue someone who has wandered out on to the mud-flats.
                    But we are talking about pharmacy/pharmacists and their support staff here.
                    Most of us dread the season leading up to it.
                    How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                      Yes, the rest of England will be off from lunchtime Friday until the New Year. Pharmacists in retail will be working on Saturday, then, hopefully, Sunday off, Working Monday and then back at work on the Thursday. In Industry, I usually stopped on the 21st Dec, went back on the 4th Jan.
                      johnep
                      You can finish up for Christmas whenever you like if you are a locum. I’ve finished up and I feel great.

Comment

Funnily enough, when a locum I often worked Christmas week to allow regular pharmacist time off. Also my very
                        last day as a pharmacist was New Years Eve spent in Bury St Edmunds. Felt quite sad when clock registered 5.30 pm and at last I had left employment behind after nearly sixty years on the register. Kept my very small export business going for another three years. Still in contact with friends in Ireland and Trinidad after more than 40 years.
                        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                          Funnily enough, when a locum I often worked Christmas week to allow regular pharmacist time off. Also my very
                          last day as a pharmacist was New Years Eve spent in Bury St Edmunds. Felt quite sad when clock registered 5.30 pm and at last I had left employment behind after nearly sixty years on the register. Kept my very small export business going for another three years. Still in contact with friends in Ireland and Trinidad after more than 40 years.
                          johnep
                          Hi Johnep that is really interesting! Could you tell me a bit more about the export business if not on here then by PM?

All the best for Christmas and New Year.

Comment

When in export the local representative for an associated company showed me around his country. At about the same time that I was made redundant, he quit and set up on his own providing flavours to local street sellers of cold drinks and then the food and beverage local companies, plus some export to other islands in the West Indies. I acted as his UK purchasing agent as had experience in a flavour company. We are now both retired and he sold his business some years ago.
                            I did try to find other customers, but found UK companies wanted me to fund my own export trips and local companies were keen for me to supply, but they were not keen on paying! So only a couple of orders a year. Made a good loss to set against PAYE and funded one "holiday" to the country.
                            johnep

Comment

Working...
                            X