Bad language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad language

Although not on this forum usually only when pharmacy arguments get heated. Saw something in news about swearing being banned in some area in preston. How often do people swear or use bad language outside (or inside )work ? I try and avoid swearing unless i get really angry and can't control it. It's a bad habit i know but sometimes saying "poo" just really doesn't work.
    http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Re: Bad language

I don't agree with swearing either. I don't understand why people swear anyway, especially when it's every other word. What purpose does it serve? I am only known to occasionally swear if really rattled like you.
    Make some one smile today.

Comment

The thing that really gets me is when people swear loudly in public places like trains, train stations, shops, etc and when today's "yoof" blast loud, obnoxious rap music which frankly no-one wants to hear. If they can afford the latest mobi then they can afford a decent pair of headphones and spare the rest of us their trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
        The thing that really gets me is when people swear loudly in public places like trains, train stations, shops, etc and when today's "yoof" blast loud, obnoxious rap music which frankly no-one wants to hear. If they can afford the latest mobi then they can afford a decent pair of headphones and spare the rest of us their trash.
        There was a group of 'yoofs' (both geneders) in Meadowhall last night. One of them (male) was walking along describing quite loudly how he had oral sex with his girlfriend that morning.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Good manners. Dont cost nothing do they, eh?

Comment

Welcome all, to the land of the double negative.
            Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

One guy thought it was ‘impressive’ to use the word ‘f***’ in every sentence. He also liked to talk about himself a lot and wore his jeans really really low….no problem in that….he was sweeping the floor too though

Do men actually think that would impress a lady? Well this guy obviously thought so and the so called ‘hot date’ ended with me having a throbbing headache….he was just using the word ‘f***’ all the time…….
              Lazy Lady...
              [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Used to make us wash our mouths out with soap and water in the late early 60's.
                In the noughties imagine the compensation claims.
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I used to do that with my children but I had to by sly. With a bar of soap behind my back I used to make them stick their tongue out and hey presto one soaped tongue. Not sure it worked but they don't swear in front of me very often. They grew up in the eighties and luckily they never reported me to social services or the police.
                  Make some one smile today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Schofield View Post

Those links should prove useful. If you are a pharmacist feel free to "pm" me for advice.

If you aren't a pharmacist f**k Off
                    Care to explain this one Tony ? It might be a joke but it's pretty distasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                      Care to explain this one Tony ? It might be a joke but it's pretty distasteful.
                      I don't always agree with Tony, except when he's right.

I thought this was rather funny.
                      ....just my opinion

Comment

Maybe - but when a new forum user reads it, it can easily be misconstrued.

Comment

I live near preston... shall let you know how i fair when i got back there next time. Might need to go for some speach therapy to avoid the language.

Typical of preston council to come up with something as lame as this. They also call themselves 'The Fair Trade City.' My dad said its probably because the city hall has fair trade biscuits, that all.

*shakes fist in anger*... no wait, might get a fine for causing agro if i do that.
                          I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

Comment

i normally only swear when i hit myself with something, something heavy falls on my head or i fall out of something on to something hard and/or sharp and pointy. Oh, and when the bloody car doesn't start.

So, quite often really.

But not normally in front of kiddiwinks. Unless the something hitting my head is REALLY heavy.
                            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post

But not normally in front of kiddiwinks.
                              Kids hear worse stuff on tv

Comment

Working...
                              X