Apology Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apology Training

Should apology training be introduced as a module in the MPharm?
    ...Most of the time we are apologising for everything to everyone.
    Perhaps there should be a quality payment associated with this.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Bad day?

We can become a bit of a cynical bunch sometimes.
    I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

It is only an undergraduate degree. Apology is usually covered in postgraduate degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrec View Post
        Bad day?

We can become a bit of a cynical bunch sometimes.
        Yes it has been.
        Sorry about that!
        (circular reference to the topic of the posting)
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Just rename pharmacies GP surgery troubleshooting centre.

Comment

Talking of apologies reminded me of my early days on the register. Locum at a multiple on the coast. Patient (on holiday for the first time) presents Rx for 2 items. Duly dispensed, issued, off go husband and wife. Returns 20 minutes later. Shouts the place down. "You've given me the wrong thing." Place is packed. You've all been there. Technician looks at Rx and tells him we have issued correctly. "You don't know what you are doing. Give me your head office number."
            Head Office person offers reflex apology and sends patient back to us, THEN calls to tell us to be more careful and sort it out. Err, we haven't done anything wrong here, but I will deal with it, tempted to land you back in it but check with pharmacy first before making promises.
            Smug man comes back with wife in tow, louder than before. "Sort this out. Give me the correct two this time." Which two are you expecting? The ones on the Rx of course, he says. Humour me, give me the names. Breaks out his repeat slip.
            You strike me as a fair minded man, so we are going to play a game of forfeit. If I am right, you will scream your apology for a minute longer than your combined rants. He agrees.
            You are on 4 meds. You have never been here before. You had your repeat slip in your pocket the whole time. I seem to have given you 2 meds that you are actually on, just not the 2 you were expecting? Surely can't be luck? Look in the dispensary, out of all the tablets that I could have messed up on, it had the be the other 2 you are already on. Here is your Rx. I know you have had it for 5 days, but read it for the first time. Oh. Go to the GP next door. They will write you a script. Our staff will call them.
            Go get your Rx. Now the forfeit. Don't want to hear you. We let you off (and us). In future, have a think first. If you still believe you are right, let the wife do the talking.

Comment

Most of our problems came from delivery pts. Another locum left a note to say pt had stormed in and said his insulin pens in pack of five had one missing. The locum had given out a new pack of five pens but left the returned pens on the worktop over a hot weekend. I looked at the label and saw the date was over a month ago. I phoned the pt and spoke to his wife. She said had now found the new pack unopened and with the delivery date clearly marked. The pt had simply picked up a previous used pack.I told her we had lost £70 and what was the pt going to do about it. She replied that he frequently lost his temper. However, they were not going to compensate us for our loss.
              Just get used to being always in the wrong, even if you are in the right. The customer is always right!
              johnep
              Last edited by johnep; 14th, July 2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X