Classic rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic rock

Any Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Zeppelin fans out there. I'm 26 and sometimes a bit embarrased by my taste in music. I think it's cool but it's not percieved as trendy by Radio 1. I guess the fact people like me r listening to it now must mean it's alright. The 80s was a great decade for music I think.

Re: Classic rock

Originally posted by newby82 View Post
    Any Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Zeppelin fans out there. I'm 26 and sometimes a bit embarrased by my taste in music. I think it's cool but it's not percieved as trendy by Radio 1. I guess the fact people like me r listening to it now must mean it's alright. The 80s was a great decade for music I think.
    I think you might have a soul mate in Tony S - he's also stuck in a musical time warp.

Jeff

Comment

Newbie82

You can be my sister/ brother!

I’m crazy about 80’s music! It’s perfectly normal and age has nothing to do with it….I’m 24.

I just love Whitesnake – is this love.

There’s something about the 80’s…the big hair, the quirky clothes….
      Lazy Lady...
      [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Ah yes..I was born in '61 so I hit the eighties when I was 19...

Was never a fan of Def Leppard. Zeppelin were actually formed in '68, and with their drummer, John Bonham dying in 1980, I have always considered them a 70's band, at their peak.

Whitesnake...different story.. Dave Coverdale took over the vocals from Ian Gillan in Deep Purple, served his apprenticeship, and formed Whitesnake. Great stuff!..They went a bit glam-rock in the later years, but always went down a storm at the disco!

Here I go again......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKTiwCez6Zs

Happy days!

Fleeg.
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

I saw Metallica at the new Wembley. Would quite like to see Nickelback or ACDC in summer. Rock on!
          YouTube - Def Leppard - Animal: Video

Comment

Don't be ashamed Newbie82! I'm 22 and i love 60s, 70s and 80s music, including well known rock and the alternative rock/pop music too. And i am not just talking about the well known bands that all the teens apparently 'adore'. Such as Blondie and The Clash.

I got so depressed when I went to watch Blondie live last year and it was packed out with annoying teens who only knew about 3 songs. *shakes fist*
            I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

Comment

I'm so glad you guys still like this stuff!

Probably the definitive 80's track for me was this...(I was only 19 after all!)

Dailymotion - Duran Duran - Girls On Film ...

Fleeg.
              Don't Stop Believing

Comment

I love Siouxsie and the Banshees

Two of my fave songs: Spellbound and Cascade (live)

Been listening to Fleetwood Mac alot ATM, revision provides for a calmer taste in music methinks.
                I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

Comment

I revised for my finals listening to "Eagles Live"...worked great as background while the architects and quantity surveyors went nuts in the flat. There were six of us..all blokes..with exams all at different times..we did have two toilets which was a bonus!

The usual really....
                  Don't Stop Believing

Comment

I like 1970s Deep Purple; In Rock, Machine Head. Miscellaneous tracks like "Yours is no disgrace" (Yes), ELP's Works vol 1.

Bit sobering to realise that great tracks from the 60s - Beatles, Stones, Zombies, Beach Boys, Motown etc - are now over 40 years old!

I used to belong to a fundraising club that organised concerts for the old 'uns with programmes featuring Glenn Miller etc. People in their mid 60s grew up to the sounds of Elvis, Buddy Holly, Bill Hailey … and Cliff!
                    Gowan
                    [email][email protected][/email]
                    [url]www.pjonline.com[/url]

Comment

Try some...
                      Steely Dan (Saw them in Tampa, Florida when on holiday)
                      Argent
                      Robin Trower.
                      Stanley Clarke
                      Little Feat

Yes, I'm stuck in the 70's/turn of the 80's but I don't care.
                      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerSwift View Post
                        I love Siouxsie and the Banshees

Two of my fave songs: Spellbound and Cascade (live)

Been listening to Fleetwood Mac alot ATM, revision provides for a calmer taste in music methinks.
                        I went to see them years ago and they were rubbish to be honest! She even hit someone on the head with the mic as they wouldn't sing any of their hits, but just their latest LP cover to cover - boring!

Got tickets to see Pink at Sheffield tonight. I actually got VIP ones with a meal, great seats, a private bathroom.........LOL
                        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Well Mrs. Fleeg and myself are off to see The Eagles on their "Long road out of Eden" tour at Pearse stadium in Galway in late June..making a weekend of it. Last time I saw them was at Murrayfield on the "Hell freezes over" tour...this time it should be a bit more intimate, as the stadium is relatively small.

Lookin' forward to it...

Take it easy!

Fleeg
                          Don't Stop Believing

Comment

The last gig I went to was this lot

YouTube - KOSHKA - Pizza-Tzigana. Live in Cossachok

Not rock - but perhaps a tinge of classic

Jeff

Comment

I'm just an old(ish) metalhead... tending to glam. In fact, I think I'm 10 years or so too young as I'd have loved to have been a teenager in the 70's rather than 80's. I've seen pretty much every band I like (even Hanoi Rocks, who reformed a while ago with a new drummer... and I thought I would never get the chance ) tho..... so not too bad!

Oh, and not being trendy/radio 1 is a good thing in my book!
                              Employed again... paid holidays! Yipee

Comment

Working...
                              X