Winter sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter sports

Any fellow skiiers on here. I went to Mayrhofen in Austria twice last year. It was my first time skiing cos I couldn't afford it before (being a student). I recommend it to everyone, one of my best hol experiences. Unfortunately as I'm going to Thailand using up my holiday. Wouldn't mind doing it in New Zealand in the summer, their winter.

Re: Winter sports

I don't ski, but I'm told the Remarkables, near Queenstown in South Island, provide some of the best skiing in the world.

Loads of opportunity, from the look of the area! Certainly a LOT of ski-lifts, although we were there in late summer.

Newby, I envy you. When I was your age to most likely form of foreign travel for the young was National Service, whereby you were sent out to shoot people who didn't agree with the Establishments concept of "Empah!"

My fiancee and I were considered very adventurous when we went to Guernsey before starting work!

Comment

My wife and I went on one of the early package holidays (£25 by coach to Spain for a week).

My sales manager said must be paying me too much, Tenby was quite good enough for him. Mind you he was from Yorkshire and to him Yorkshire was God's own county.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        My wife and I went on one of the early package holidays (£25 by coach to Spain for a week).

My sales manager said must be paying me too much, Tenby was quite good enough for him. Mind you he was from Yorkshire and to him Yorkshire was God's own county.
        johnep
        Would have expected Bridlington!

Comment

Have to confess we enjoyed a trip to Whitby last year and enjoyed some great fish and chips.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by newby82 View Post
            Any fellow skiiers on here. I went to Mayrhofen in Austria twice last year. It was my first time skiing cos I couldn't afford it before (being a student). I recommend it to everyone, one of my best hol experiences. Unfortunately as I'm going to Thailand using up my holiday. Wouldn't mind doing it in New Zealand in the summer, their winter.
            oooh.i might be heading out mayrhofen way next year...i hear they have a good night scene out there...some good apres ski! New zealand would be awesome...but don't know of many people who venture out that way for skiing.....America/Canada would be good...get some cheap deals out there, often cheaper than heading to europe!

Comment

Working...
            X