This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Space/ Star Trek Discovery

Has anyone started watching these two new series? I know that there’s a few geeks on the forum. I loved Discovery and think it had probably the best first series of any of the Star Treks. Lost in Space is starting to grow on me and I’m now six episodes into it. I don’t have any preconceptions about it as I never saw the old series. If you haven’t given them a try then it’s worth it.

And on that note, I went to see Avengers tonight with Mam and Grandad for his 89th birthday. It was excellent but no spoilers here! Mam was asleep before the title credits had finished rolling, and I had to nudge her several times when she started gently snoring! Grandad managed to stay awake throughout the film and said that he enjoyed it!

I’ve watched both, every episode! Love this type of stuff
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I've watched discovery it's the best Star Trek series made since Star trek next generation! I've yet to watch Lost in Space in the process of watching Jessica Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkybw View Post
        Has anyone started watching these two new series? I know that there’s a few geeks on the forum. I loved Discovery and think it had probably the best first series of any of the Star Treks. Lost in Space is starting to grow on me and I’m now six episodes into it. I don’t have any preconceptions about it as I never saw the old series. If you haven’t given them a try then it’s worth it.

And on that note, I went to see Avengers tonight with Mam and Grandad for his 89th birthday. It was excellent but no spoilers here! Mam was asleep before the title credits had finished rolling, and I had to nudge her several times when she started gently snoring! Grandad managed to stay awake throughout the film and said that he enjoyed it!
        The Avengers .... Emma Peel was brilliant.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

"Danger Will Robinson, Danger!" Lost in Space is very good. The changes to the story line are an improvement on the old series, understandable because it was a long time ago. I haven't seen Star Trek Discovery but will be soon. Love good Sci Fi.

Comment

Star trek discovery is good, but IMO not better than ds9 which was outstanding. Of that ilk battlestar gallactica is one of my favourites, the Orville was pretty good too but more like galaxy quest than star trek.

Comment

The Orville surprised me how good it was. Battlestar Gallactica one of my favourites too. It contains a warning about technology and hacking too! Ahead of its time.

Comment

Not seen Lost In Space. Does it have the same theme tune?

Comment

Working...
                X