Last-minute help for The Fleeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last-minute help for The Fleeg

Can any of you lady (or indeed gentlemen) members help me with some novel ideas regarding what to buy Mrs Fleegle as a "different" present for Christmas?

All input is greatly appreciated..please keep it clean!

Fleeg the desperate.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Re: Last-minute help for The Fleeg

digital photo frame - you can load all your treasured photos on to a memory stick and plug it in, the frame then cycles through everything randomly.

Spa weekend voucher? She could go off for a pamper weekend somewhere whilst you tidy up (relax with beer) at home?

Plane tickets for a shopping spree / theatre show / musical in London - due to the pound collapsing high street shopping in the uk is around 30% cheaper than it was 3 months ago, and so are show tickets etc.
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Sounds good..already arranged Eagles tickets for Galway in June, coupled with 3 nights in the g hotel (new 5 star job).

Spa thing sounds good too though, and the photo frame might just work!

Better be careful with the photos though..I assume no stag stuff!
      Don't Stop Believing

Comment

You can buy kits (eg Waterstones in London) where you can identify an asteroid and name it after yourself.

Enter the 2 of you into a 5K race for June/July

Buy a murder/mystery kit, then invite friends round for dinner and play the game!
        Gowan
        [email][email protected][/email]
        [url]www.pjonline.com[/url]

Comment

Him 'n' Her tambourines

MacBook

Magazine subscription, eg Viz or Top Gear
          Gowan
          [email][email protected][/email]
          [url]www.pjonline.com[/url]

Comment

I always find a new Dyson or some sort of kitchen appliance goes down really well

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
              I always find a new Dyson or some sort of kitchen appliance goes down really well
              Well, JonF, my wife would wrap that round my ear. She still talks about the time her former husband (former, geddit) bought her a deep-fat fryer for Xmas.

My recommendation is to find a hobby that she is going to spend money on anyway, and then be REALLY generous, as it isn't actually going to cost anything. Gardening vouchers are the thing which always goes down well, I usually get her a couple of hundred quids worth, and don't see much unhappiness until about september. She says it removes the guilt about her spending money, bless.

One year I bought a season ticket for the local theatre, that was OK but a bit constraining!
              ....just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by DavidS View Post
                Well, JonF, my wife would wrap that round my ear. She still talks about the time her former husband (former, geddit) bought her a deep-fat fryer for Xmas.
                You'll be glad to know it was meant to be tongue in cheek!!!.............I still keep finding bits of food processor embedded in my skull even after all these years!!!!!

Comment

Hey Fleeg

Have you asked her what she’d like?

I think the spa weekend voucher is a really good idea.

How about a boat restaurant night cruise with dinner ‘The Symphony’…very romantic!

Take her to a really expensive jewellery shop i.e. ‘Tiffany’s, Diamond heaven’ …then take out your cheque book and ask her which one she wants

Have a browse through lastminute.com: hotels, holidays, flights, travel and entertainment at the last minute... Lots of ideas…..

I’ve got my mum tickets to see ‘Edward Scissorhands in a London theatre’.
                  Lazy Lady...
                  [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Well..shopping is done..here's the deal.

1) Eagles concert and 3 nights at g hotel in Galway. The hotel also has a brand new spa, so I'll throw in a few treatments when we're there.

2) Latest CD by "Il Divo"

3) "Thomond Park" sweat top. You won't know the brand, but it's very big in the Munster region of Ireland. She does a lot of walking.

4) A €100 voucher for Brown-Thomas, the Irish equivalent of Jenners, Edinburgh. Should just about cover a pair of decent quality socks.

5) A Homer Simpson car boot tidy, for obvious reasons

6) A small bear with a recording facility. When you press its tummy you hear me singing a medley of Christmas favourites after a gallon of guinness.

What do you think?

A Very Merry Christmas from The Fleeg!
                    Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Oops, sorry JonF. I should have known better. My sense of humour got lost in the q at Trashco, I think.

And as to you, Fleegle, you put me to shame. Will you marry me after my wife divorces me? - OK, a civil partnership, then.
                      ....just my opinion

Comment

No problem Elton!
                        Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Working...
                        X