No announcement yet.

in the sizzling heat of North Wales...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the sizzling heat of North Wales...

...I got a script today for Hypromellose 0.3% eye drops, "apply three times a day to fry eyes"
    I know it's just a typo, but it got us all giggling!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Originally posted by Zoggite
    ...I got a script today for Hypromellose 0.3% eye drops, "apply three times a day to fry eyes"
    I know it's just a typo, but it got us all giggling!
    Does it mean to fry your eyes with, or applied to fried eyes? Heck I didn't know it was that hot in Wales! How do you cope coming from Belgium?

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
      Heck I didn't know it was that hot in Wales! How do you cope coming from Belgium?

Of course it's not that hot in Wales! As soon as the temperature goes beyond 25°C people start dropping like flies, the tarmac on the roads melts, the trains stop because the tracks are melting, and the sheep are dying of heat stroke...
      How do I cope? Well, I don't, which is why I'm flying off to my yacht in Greece for 3 weeks this sunday- purely for therapeutic reasons, you understand: Vitamin D levels dangerously low, Rickets looming!

Comment

Zo

Well flying off to my yatch says it all really!

Have fun.........
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Yep, that's me- I work hard, so I play hard! You didn't really think I volunteer to do all those bank holidays out of the kindness of my heart, did you? NOW IT'S PAY-BACK TIME!!!!!! HURRAH!!!

Comment

Yep, that's me- I work hard, so I play hard! You didn't really think I volunteer to do all those bank holidays out of the kindness of my heart, did you? NOW IT'S PAY-BACK TIME!!!!!! HURRAH!!!
            I don't blame you........... go get 'em girl.

I wish I was going with ya

Comment

"As soon as the temperature goes beyond 25°C people start dropping like flies, the tarmac on the roads melts, the trains stop because the tracks are melting, and the sheep are dying of heat stroke...!"
              I posted this on june 1st; Five weeks on, and here we are: the mercury hits 30 degrees in London, so the Nanny State declares a "Level 3 heatwave warning".How utterly ridiculous. How did Britain ever get to be the great colonial empire that it once was, in the days before fridges & air-conditioning, if its people couldn't even withstand temperatures that are commonplace in most of Europe, let alone Africa or southern Asia?!?

Comment

"As soon as the temperature goes beyond 25°C people start dropping like flies, the tarmac on the roads melts, the trains stop because the tracks are melting, and the sheep are dying of heat stroke...!"
                I posted this on june 1st; Five weeks on, and here we are: the mercury hits 30 degrees in London, so the Nanny State declares a "Level 3 heatwave warning".How utterly ridiculous. How did Britain ever get to be the great colonial empire that it once was, in the days before fridges & air-conditioning, if its people couldn't even withstand temperatures that are commonplace in most of Europe, let alone Africa or southern Asia?!?
                Yup it's the same when there is an inch of snow on the ground - the whole country just stops.

How did we get to be a colonial empire - well I guess people were just tougher in those days!

Comment

I've been reading my book in the garden, sipping ice cold orange and basking in the sun. Being a graduand lends itself to a fine lifestyle ;-)

I'm making the most of it while I can, the thought of being trapped inside for the rest of my working career come 24th July doesn't appeal to me to much!

Hope you're all coping well at work, the Boots I worked in last summer appeared to have no air con and it always felt horribly stuffy.

Comment

Originally posted by alex
                    I've been reading my book in the garden, sipping ice cold orange and basking in the sun. Being a graduand lends itself to a fine lifestyle ;-)

I'm making the most of it while I can, the thought of being trapped inside for the rest of my working career come 24th July doesn't appeal to me to much!

Hope you're all coping well at work, the Boots I worked in last summer appeared to have no air con and it always felt horribly stuffy.
                    Alex

All the new Lloyds have air con in them, so maybe look for one of them to work at?

Sounds like life's great atm!

Comment

Alex

All the new Lloyds have air con in them, so maybe look for one of them to work at?

DO THEY REALLY?!?!
                      Why am I always the last one to find out about these things?!?

Yours sweatily!

Comment

DO THEY REALLY?!?!
                        Why am I always the last one to find out about these things?!?

Yours sweatily!
                        I was told this by the area manager last week, as I boiled my bum off in an "old" Lloyds. He said "all the new stores come with air con now"

I worked at one of the new ones a few days later, and it did have wonderful air con.

When I say new, I think it's just new builds, and renovated shops.

They can get you a mobile air con system. They aren't fantastic but better then nothing.

Comment

Alex

Sounds like life's great atm!

God! When I worked for Lloyds we were given squeegies so we didn't have to pay for window cleaners out of petty cash. And we had to pay for toilet roll for the staff toilet!
                          Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                          pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                          eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

You honestly had to pay for loo roll? When the shop probably sold it?

Are you having a laugh?

Comment

Linnear

You honestly had to pay for loo roll? When the shop probably sold it?

Are you having a laugh?

It's not that bad! We got staff discount!
                              Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                              pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                              eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
                              X