Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidS
    replied
    Re: Fed up of being good all the time...

Originally posted by JonF View Post
    I'm worried I've have actually said some of these things

Perhaps I need a career change
    Well, I've never said anything like that, but funnily enough I have been misheard.

I was working in a branch of B####, and on the day before Xmas a customer shouted into the dispensary that they thought it was policy that no-one should be left unattended at the counter. I said, "I'm sorry, but I'm snowed under here, it won't be long." A few weeks later I came across a letter that had been written to this person by the superintendants office, apologising for my rudeness and insensitivity, and saying that unfortunately I wasn't "a B#### pharmacist" but that they had had to make do with me.

They didn't say that they offered me a job nearly every month and that the reason I wasn't a B#### pharmacist was because their pay was B####.

I never saw the original letter of complaint, or really heard what I was supposed to have said. Suggestions would be welcomed . I was shocked that B#### hadn't bothered to tell me, but perhaps they thought it was as trivial as, well, it was! Annoyed, I phoned the super's office and asked in what respects my behaviour wasn't to the standard of a b#### pharmacist, and the woman who answered had the good sense to laugh and say that she didn't want to get into that! I don't think it was ethical passivity.

Leave a comment:

• JonF
    replied

I'm worried I've have actually said some of these things

Perhaps I need a career change

Leave a comment:

• SPIDER
    replied

At the end of a long day and someone walks into the pharmacy just 5 mins before it is due to close with a 3 item rx dated two days before from an ooh service prescriber and they say are you closing oh, it is urgent that i have it now, I could say*******I have been here all day and would like to go home now you have the rx for two days it so it can't be that*** urgent.

If only in the virtual world not in the real.

Leave a comment:

• Pharmanaut
    replied

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
    just once i would love to say to a patient "i'm sorry but i left my crystal ball at home today!"
    If you recognise a customer who has humilated you in the past, while shopping in Marks and Spencers etc slip over to the security guard and say 'I'm sure I saw that man/woman over there slip something into one of their bags.'

Then sneak out of the shop and laugh all the way home.

Once we had a customer who was expecting the surgery to fax a script to us. She wanted to know why we hadn't received the fax. I would have loved to have said its because the fax machine at the surgery had probably run out of prescriptions.

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Dispensalot
    replied

just once i would love to say to a patient "i'm sorry but i left my crystal ball at home today!"

Leave a comment:

• SPIDER
    replied

I would like to say to a patient, just once 'is it my fault that you didn't pack your medication before leaving your home arriving here on holidays and have now run out. Tough luck'.

However in the real I wouldn't do this.

Leave a comment:

• jaymags
    replied

Just for once I'd like to tell a smelly customer that they smell and then sell them some soap, pointing out it's only a quid for four bars and surely they can afford that.

Leave a comment:

• Defblade
    replied

Romanes Eunt Domus

(People called Romanes they go the house)

Leave a comment:

• Pharmanaut
    started a topic Fed up of being good all the time...

Fed up of being good all the time...

I've had enough of being a clean cut, cheerful, helpful, beck-and-call goody-goody pharmacist.
    I want to be bad for a change. I mean BAD. Even if its only 'virtual bad'.
    Any suggestions?
    Anyone feel the same and want to join in some 'virtual' badness.

Hw abt txt spk on this forum - hows that for being really bad tonight.

Anyone know any good Latin graffiti?

I'm going to buy a subway sandwich tomorrow, pay for it and sneak out without eating it.
Working...
X