Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halloween customs anyone??

happy Halloween señores and senioritas

[COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Re: halloween customs anyone??

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
    happy Halloween señores and senioritas
    And the same to you Raoul! We have had a myriad of mini witches, vampires, pirates and fairies at the door already. Also loads of fireworks, as Ireland does not celebrate Nov 5th...although perhaps they should??!! They're illegal here, but in common with most Irish laws, if you don't agree with it, you ignore it.

Off to Edinburgh for bonfire night...bring it on!

Fleegenstein.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle;19094l
      as Ireland does not celebrate Nov 5th...although perhaps they should??!!
      Am trying to work out the reasoning on this one--Guy Foulkes tried to blow up Westminster, so the English burn him as a baddie, for trying to blow up their parliament.

Surely the Irish would have been quite pleased if he had succeeded.. ??

Also, why on earth do the Welsh celebrate Nov 5th ???? --didn't they hate Westminster then as well??

Who can help with school history on this one??

Comment

Originally posted by lamzee View Post
        Surely the Irish would have been quite pleased if he had succeeded.. ??
        Exactly..and so would the Scots. My point was that perhaps the Irish should celebrate it as it was, after all, a bloody good effort! I have always regarded the fireworks as a somewhat unusual testimony by the English to the fact that he should have succeeded!....what do you think?

As far as the Welsh are concerned, I think torching Margaret Thatcher would appease them.
        Don't Stop Believing

Comment

a bloody good effort
          are "we" condoning terrorism here?
          We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Your words not mine.
            Don't Stop Believing

Comment

I'd just like to say Happy New Year to all the Druids out there if you believe what was on Paul O'Grady show last night. We had our first "trick or treater" last week I told the little mite he was too early so he asked what time he could come back because he had to be in bed by 8.
              Make some one smile today.

Comment

The Prods in Ulster might well burn Guy Fawkes, him being a Taig and all!

Comment

Your words not mine.
                  I used the word "we" because I didnt want to point any fingers, I actually live wuite close to Guy Fawkes hideout place after his plot failed or was it where they stayed the night before....cant remember....something to do with him anyway.
                  We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

I never gave out sweets to the kids that came around mine, I just gave the little fatties some diet pills and told them to lose a bit of weight
                    Last edited by Nik; 1, November 2008, 07:22 PM.
                    http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Originally posted by the old merlin View Post
                      The Prods in Ulster might well burn Guy Fawkes, him being a Taig and all!

(They don't, for the record. They have bonfires at Halloween, but nothing at all at Guy Fawkes)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                        I never gave out sweets to the kids that came around mine, I just gave the little fatties some diet pills and told them to lose a bit of weight

They took ex-lax chocolate bar laxative off the market didn't they................................

Comment

have they ?? but seriously kids these days are fat. It doesn't help when you see fat parents taking their little kids to gorge on glucose and aim to become diabetics... Halloween is a load of bulls**t.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                            I invite them in - hand them a straw and show them the lines of sherbet on the coffee table.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                              I invite them in - hand them a straw and show them the lines of sherbet on the coffee table.

Comment

Working...
                              X