Funny Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Names

I work at a few shops that try to pass the day, by giving unsuspecting pre-regs and new staff bags with made up names on, for them to shout out. One shop also has a stapler that gives you an electric shock when you use it!

Some of the favourites are; -

Annette Curtain
    Sandra Gravel
    Theresa Green
    Ivor Biggun
    Mike Hunt

anyone else do this?

I obviously never do this as it's totally unprofessional.

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

I was in a shop on Thursday that was strewn with naughty e-mails and in the quiet time two of the staff were perusing the counter sales book.

How industrious I thought, until I saw that they had a copy of Playgirl in it!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

One of the pharmacies I worked in during holidays supplied meds to a private psych. hospital - hopefully the joke wasn't on me, but there was certainly an Elvis Presley living there amongst a few other "famous" folk. I guess the celebrity lifestyle must have been taking its' toll!

Comment

Originally posted by alex
        One of the pharmacies I worked in during holidays supplied meds to a private psych. hospital - hopefully the joke wasn't on me, but there was certainly an Elvis Presley living there amongst a few other "famous" folk. I guess the celebrity lifestyle must have been taking its' toll!
        The shop my wife used to work in had an addict called Elvis Aaron Presley [surname].

If I was called that I'd be an addict too! Also possibly locked up for parricide!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Hi

I knew this would draw you lot out of your beds to post!

My husband (builder) worked at a house where the guy was called Rudyard Kipling.

I don't think he was much of a poet though!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

A nasty pharmacist made my wife shout out a Rx for Richard Head!

I've done a Rx for a kid called Kai Rowe! Poor little b*stard!
            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

My native language is Persian (or Farsi) as theIranian all do! but in the region I am working there are lot of arab people so their names arearabic. and I am pretty sure if I tell you their funny names you can't get it. Really feel sorry, you can't understand them any way, but some of them are just like for example "cigarette" or "grass" [the qual word in persian or arabic]! once I had a patient with name: holoob! [the exact word!] it is meaningless even in arabic!

Comment

funny names

I have a Paul Newman and an Elizabeth Taylor in my clientele; as well as a Mr Mee, who just loves coming in and watching the the counter girls' faces as he asks for a "Prescription for Mee, please"!; We also have a Mr Christmas ("Can I have the prescriptions for Christmas?", in mid-july, does turn some heads!), and a whole family of Fridays... Makes for some entertaining stories!
                Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

I remember a girl in one shop going to the surgery and nearly having an asthma attack because she'd seen a man picking up an Rx from the Dr.

When asked his name it was Acock, Ivor Charles. So when they asked for initials and surname he said I C Acock! She was in bits!
                  Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

I'd be in bits as well! How did you do?

It is funny though to hear people calling out for Ivor Biggin isn't it! It wasn't so funny when one of the staff asked if I would just staple two sheets of paper together with their "electric shock" stapler. It jumped out of my hand to a very loud sh1t from me!

Last edited by admin; 15, May 2006, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                      "electric shock" stapler. It jumped out of my hand to a very loud sh1t from me!

A very loud sh1t eh! Must have been a helluva voltage!
                      Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

Well it gave me a bit of a shock and it just came out!

Last edited by admin; 18, May 2006, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                          I work at a few shops that try to pass the day, by giving unsuspecting pre-regs and new staff bags with made up names on, for them to shout out. One shop also has a stapler that gives you an electric shock when you use it!

Some of the favourites are; -

Annette Curtain
                          Sandra Gravel
                          Theresa Green
                          Ivor Biggun
                          Mike Hunt

anyone else do this?

I obviously never do this as it's totally unprofessional.

Tom Ato catches some out

But we really do have a patient called James Bond

Comment

Funny Name

I nearly laughed my head off today. I actually got a script for Teresa Green!

Comment

One shop I work in has a Hugh Pllu. I'm now wating for Barney Magrew and a Cuthbert Dibble and Grub.

ANother shop I used to work in had a Duke Rapunzel Zeoxcrom. He used to come in for his seven day Rx with his carer. Apparently he thought he was a superhero and had changed his name by Deed Poll.
                              Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
                              X