Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem cat!

I need good advice and quickly!
    We live in a rural location, and yesterday a visiting stray cat decided to overstay it's welcome and is still here...in fact at this very moment the little fecker is sitting outside on the windowsill watching me type!

Mrs Fleegle does not like cats. Don't want to ring animal "societies", as they will probably just gas it, and tell me it went to live on a farm.

Any ideas on how we can persuade it to leave? I can't go out my back door without a big brush to stop it invading the house.

I know I like a joke, but this is 100% straight up...Help!!

Fleeg.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Re: Problem cat!

You could borrow our dog? If that fails my 8 month old daughter has a built in ability to scare animals!!

Comment

flamethrower?

aha! I i have an idea. ask your local zoo for some lion piss. that'll get rid of it in no time!
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

waterthrower??, different element but more suitable and easier method, get a WATER pistol or WATER gun, not one of those big powerful ones, lol, and squirt it each time it comes back, cats hate water used this way, a bit of classical conditioning wont do it no harm, unlike the flame thrower.
        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

one of our bloody cats likes the water pistol. daft thing. Mind you, she also likes sitting in the bath and the shower when in use...
          At least its not as bad as our youngest cat. Today i caught her sat up the tree with 2 squirrels calmy sat down next to her. Odd cat...

a good option might be to get one of those ultrasonic squealer thingys which scare animals off your garden (stick it near the house), or one of those scent based scatter things and spread it around the place.

or have a ring around and see if anyone nearby wants a new pet moggy! If they do, tell them to keep it inside for the next 6-12 weeks so it establishes its new home as its territory.
          “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

back to classical conditioning, sir dispensalot, your cats must have got used to being squirted with water etc.... and learned that it was just harmless water, but let me assure you not all cat owners do the same,

the water should idealy be squirted in the face, targeting the eyes.

so Fleeg.........your costume doesnt seem to be doing the job? maybe thats what attracting the cat, maybe it wants to join the banana splits
            We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
              back to classical conditioning, sir dispensalot, your cats must have got used to being squirted with water etc.... and learned that it was just harmless water, but let me assure you not all cat owners do the same,
              I can assure you solly the cat hasn't been conditioned - she's merely puddled. We don't go round habitually squirting the cat - we think she just has an affinity for water as she gets into nearly anything water based. It's sometimes a struggle just to get her to not play with the water bowl. From your tone it sounds as if you think i go around tormenting my cat so much that she has become conditioned. I don't.
              However she was abandoned as a kitten, separated from her mum too early. We found her in a box with all her whiskers cut off and sat in a puddle of tarry oil. So we took her home, cleaned her up and let her stay after our older boy cat started mothering her.
              We think because of the early separation she imprinted on people rather than cats as she dosn't seem to act like a regular cat at all, leading to her nickname of 'daft cat'.

Terry Pratchett

Comment

cats in water...thats cute, your story (or the cat's) reminds me of Lorenz’s goslings, hope that cat hasnt got attached to Fleegle, cos then it would be impossible to get rid of.

Comment

Update..cat has a cold..sneezed dodgy stuff on windows. I borrowed next-door's labrador only to discover it likes cats. Cat now living in engine compartment of my jeep, as it doesn't like labradors.

Solly..I have the garden hose primed..otherwise looks like I'm taking it to work with me tomorrow!
                  Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
                    Update..cat has a cold..sneezed dodgy stuff on windows. I borrowed next-door's labrador only to discover it likes cats. Cat now living in engine compartment of my jeep, as it doesn't like labradors.

Solly..I have the garden hose primed..otherwise looks like I'm taking it to work with me tomorrow!

Cats don't normally get colds - if the cat's snotting up the place then it may have cat flu - can be fatal for the poor furry buggers - might not be a live cat you get our of your engine bay fleeg....

poor puss.

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Bummer..I'm starting to feel sorry for it now. It's definitely gone from the jeep, as it was outside the front of the house 10 mins ago..Think I'll ring animal welfare if it's still around in the morning.
                      Don't Stop Believing

Comment

if it tests positive for cat flu or for FIV (cat HIV) it'll be put down. sorry mate!

Terry Pratchett

Comment

One of my cats sneezes quite often and def does not have cat flu unless vet is injecting a placebo and charging me a fortune for it.

Depends on the breed - some are prone to snotty noses, generally the longer the hair, the more they can get snotty.
                          Titch

Comment

Ah sure..we get loads of feral felines passing through..we have a big site, and they keep the mice down. I never had a problem with them until this one decided to stay.

Good luck to it!
                            Don't Stop Believing

Comment

quite right there titch - i was just trying to guilt fleeg into giving it a bit of chicken or something

cats do sneeze all the time but if they're snotting everywhere constantly then that is a possible sign of cat flu.

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X