Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good read – recommendations

I’ve recently read ‘The Rules of Work’ and ‘The Rules of Life’ by Templar

Though not my favorite…..but they do tell you about the ‘Dark side’ at work and how to make the most of what you have in life…..a good read

What have you read recently?
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Re: A good read – recommendations

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
    I’ve recently read ‘The Rules of Work’ and ‘The Rules of Life’ by Templar

Though not my favorite…..but they do tell you about the ‘Dark side’ at work and how to make the most of what you have in life…..a good read

What have you read recently?
    The Elements of Lore by Doctor Harry S House.

and

Things the Grandchildren Should Know by Mark Oliver Everett

Jeff

Comment

As im stuck in the house recovering from a recent operation im currently reading Ion channels and disease by Ashcroft. Its very dry but im trying to use my time to get prepared for my fourth year special topic and project on... ion channels! yes im sad lol

Mark

Comment

fabric of the cosmos
        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Any of Kathy Reichs stuff

Comment

Crime and Punishment - a fantastic book and a must read for uni students...
            http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Agree with Dizzy, Kathy Reichs is a good, as is Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper gets me every time I read it!
              wake up and smell the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione

Comment

Sci-fi buffs might like to pick up some of the saga of seven suns series by Kevin J Anderson. Not quite up to the levels of Clarke and Banks but quite engrossing.
                “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

If you want something random and funny - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy (all five books of the trilogy, not just the first one).

I must say, I loved the His Dark Materials Trilogy. Northern Lights is the best of the bunch, and how handy that its the first one!

Battle Royale. The original novel and the manga book series are actually amazing. The film wanes in comparison because it doesn't go into the politics and psychology like the books do.
                  I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerSwift View Post
                    Battle Royale. The original novel and the manga book series are actually amazing. The film wanes in comparison because it doesn't go into the politics and psychology like the books do.
                    I heard good things about the film, and is definitely one on my list to watch but i will read the book as well
                    http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Outliers: The Story of Success: Amazon.co.uk: Malcolm Gladwell: Books

Comment

If anyone is interested in Edward VI....no?

Anyway, 'The Lost King of England' by Chris Skidmore is very interesting.
                        Not many people talk about him as he did not change much and has been overshadowed by his Dad and half-sisters, but it is rather good!

Comment

Thought provoking. Especially for someone born in May, and most of whose descendants were also born in the second half of the academic year.

Comment

Bad science, a very good book by Ben Goldacre. i am reading it at the moment.
                            Bad Science Book | Ben Goldacre NEW GDN 000728487X on eBay (end time 27-Jun-09 14:17:06 BST)
                            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Omeros

Comment

Working...
                              X