Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best places to visit - Share your experiences

Hey ppl

Does everyone have a favorite place they have visited or would like to visit?

Any romantic/ historical and magical places will win me over…..

Has anyone tried climbing mountains in the Himalayas??? Best experience I’ve had so far.

Would love to visit Greece one day...
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Re: The best places to visit - Share your experiences

The Pyramids, and Valley of the Kings are top of my list..also always fancied an Alaskan cruise....haven't done either yet though..
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

.....al hambra palace in spain, pretty decent place!!! The lion fountain looked great!!!, but don't try the oranges, they're sour/bitter, YUK, still got the tate in my mouth!!!!
      We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Young Island hotel on St Vincent in the Grenadines was my favourite when travelling. Nearer home I love Majorca.
        johnep

Comment

Went to Angkor Wat in Cambodia in 2006, ancient history alongside the recent history of the country made it absolutely fascinating. Highly recommended!!

Also proposed to my wife at the Taj Mahal whilst on our backpacking trip...earned some serious brownie points with that !!!!

Comment

The Victoria falls

Best seen in summer (November/December/Janaury) but absolutely mind blowing any time of the year.

Best seen from the Zimbabwe side but probably more comfortable to stay on a hotel on the Zambian side and cross over for the day.

While you there what about a bungee jump from the bridge. They used to offer a free jump if you are willing to go without clothes. Also white water rafting but make sure you have extreme sports insurance.
            Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
            (T. Pratchett)

Comment

OK now we can post pics, let's see some.
              johnep

Comment

How do we post pics then??

Says at the bottom in 'posting rules' that i cant post attatchments

Comment

Obviously johnep has the technology!..any chance of a sticky giving instructions?..If not..fully understand..should the forum become a picture gallery??...Would be great in "Anything goes" though!
                  Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Agreed pics only in 'anything goes' otherwise we could rival Flickr!

Also have a mental image of what everyone looks like, don't want to be confronted with the real thing, I might get a nasty surprise!!!

Comment

Bang on Jon...

You should see me first thing in the morning before I put my big red helmet on, and shine my nose!
                      Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
                        Agreed pics only in 'anything goes' otherwise we could rival Flickr!

Also have a mental image of what everyone looks like, don't want to be confronted with the real thing, I might get a nasty surprise!!!
                        Ok, I think I have set it so all registered users can upload attachments.

Please let me know if it works!

Thanks

Elaine
                        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

My Top Three

Grand canyon - from helicopter.

One of the best experiences I have had. Went down in the canyon and had some scran with some cowboys on there ranch. (Im sure they were put on for the tourist like)

Central Park - NYC.

Unbelievable that you can find some peace and quiet right in the middle of one of the biggest and busiest cities in the world.

Holy Island - Northumberland

This is one of the best places on planet earth. The island is about a mile out to sea and has a busy little town when the tide is out but once it comes in you have the island all to yourself (excluding the residents) as the corsway is blocked off by the North Sea.

Im going away in January for four months - get in!!!! China, Thialand, New Zealand, Hawaii, North America and Canada. Im sure my top three will change soon.

Any one been to any of these places? Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pharm S View Post
                            My Top Three

Grand canyon - from helicopter.

One of the best experiences I have had. Went down in the canyon and had some scran with some cowboys on there ranch. (Im sure they were put on for the tourist like)

Central Park - NYC.

Unbelievable that you can find some peace and quiet right in the middle of one of the biggest and busiest cities in the world.

Holy Island - Northumberland

This is one of the best places on planet earth. The island is about a mile out to sea and has a busy little town when the tide is out but once it comes in you have the island all to yourself (excluding the residents) as the corsway is blocked off by the North Sea.

Im going away in January for four months - get in!!!! China, Thialand, New Zealand, Hawaii, North America and Canada. Im sure my top three will change soon.

Any one been to any of these places? Any advice?
                            Grand Canyon; superb, although a bit touristy.
                            Holy Island. Go wth that. Also can get really wonderful crab sandwiches!
                            Thailand; Great country. Chiang Mai for a trip, Koh Samet for a beach. Don't bother with Koh Samui; total tourist trap.
                            New Zealand. South Island, Queenstown. North Island, Bay of Islands.
                            Hawaii: PLASTIC!
                            When in Thailand go on to Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City & Chu Ci tunnels. Fantastic experience. North is supposed to be good, too!
                            Try Galle in Sri Lanka, too.
                            The Old Merlin.
                            (Who is spending as much time as he can travelling!)

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
                              Went to Angkor Wat in Cambodia in 2006, ancient history alongside the recent history of the country made it absolutely fascinating. Highly recommended!!
                              Yeah. Amazing contrast.

Comment

Working...
                              X