Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BEST MOVIES of All Time....

Hey ppl

Just to let you know…I’m a film critic..!!!

Does anyone have a favorite film they want to share?

I’m always on the look out for a good film

Please put down here any films you’ve seen and thought – that was a ‘classic’

Tim Burton films, Gone with the wind, House of flying daggers etc etc etc
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Re: The BEST MOVIES of All Time....

A 1960s film by Michelangelo Antonioni called Blow up. Its gotto be one of my all time favourites, however some bugger of a friend borrowed my dvd and never gave it back. I def recommend it though.

House of flying daggers is pretty good, along with hero and crouching tiger hidden dragon. I just love the way those films are shot, you could literally take any shot from the film and put it on your wall. I agree with Tim burton I really like the dark sinister feel to his films.

The last good film I watched was american gangster, I know of people really loved it, i didnt get round to seeing it at the cinema but I must admit it was pretty good.

Comment

i am going to watch "wanted" movie this week. i heard it's a good movie
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

I havent heard of that film. I think im going to see the new batman film when its out, its looks pretty good.

Comment

I wanted to watch ‘Sex and the City’ and Mamma Mia’!!

At the mo, I’m watching ‘Anger management’ – crazy stuff….!
          Lazy Lady...
          [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Wanted Trailer---- Angelina jolie, started screening in my area 3 weeks ago
            YouTube - Wanted Trailer
            i am a fan of american movies lol
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

ghostbusters - classic comedy - saw it again the other day - theres so many little jokes in it that keep me chuckling away

8mm - film with nick cage and joaquin phoenix - very dark but a damn good film with a twisted ending.

leaving las vegas - another nick cage film (sorry - not a huge fan of his but he's done a few gems in all his stinkers) - mostly about an alcoholic drinking himself to death, who befriends a hooker.

gattaca - good 'what if?' sci fi with a good attention to detail often missing from such films

and of course all the blokey/geeky action films - matrix, gladiator, the mummy, pirates of the caribbean etc etc
              “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Oscar-a movie staring Sly Stellone, heard was a flop at the box office, but one funny film

Ben Hur- I can watch this film everytime its on

Interview with a vampire- two great actors and this is when i started noticing the acting ability of Tom Cruise.

Butterfly Effect- A.Kutcher's one and only good movie id say.

Abre Los Ojos (Vanilla Sky)- The Original Spanish movie (remade into vanilla sky staring Tom Cruise)

Life of Brian(but i dont strictly clasify as a movie more like an extended tv show)-first movie I've laughed all the way through

Old Boy (2003)-S.Korean movie, another psychological thriller, ending is sick but worth a watch
                We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Requiem for a Dream (best music since the Exorcist)

The Notebook (To remind me of why we put tablets in MDS)

March of the Penguins (A visual delight - watched the whole thing in Russian)

Sin City (Made the comic work on screen)

Jeff

Comment

i liked sin city too - well realised cinematography.

The Dark Knight has had some pretty good reviews so far - i might have to indulge a visit to the cinema sometime soon - after missing most of the summer blockbusters already....
                    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

oh yeah! I forgot an 80's classic!

Transformers: The Movie

much better than the cgi rubbish they released last year...

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Indianna Jones, Die hard 1,2 and 3, and ... erm... Bugsy Malone
                        Band6 is a Band 6 no longer.. now 7/8a

Comment

I’d say the films of the 80’s were probably the best!!! Esp. with the big spiky hairstyles……

Ghost, Dirty dancing, The Lost Boys and The Breakfast Club…….

With Patrick Swayze – The heart is melting………
                          Lazy Lady...

Comment

Two favourites are:
                            Donny Darko and Shrek
                            Very different but both worth seeing more than once.
                            The desire to take medicine is perhaps the greatest feature which distinguishes man from animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
                              Hey ppl

Just to let you know…I’m a film critic..!!!

Does anyone have a favorite film they want to share?

I’m always on the look out for a good film

Please put down here any films you’ve seen and thought – that was a ‘classic’

Tim Burton films, Gone with the wind, House of flying daggers etc etc etc
                              Lazy Nite you don't honestly think House of Flying Daggers is a classic do you ??

One of the best martial arts films of recent times is Ong-Bak, I think it's better than daggers and prob beats crouching tiger

a classic i would recommend is the seventh seal such an iconic film

Also good: The Dirty Dozen, Sin City, Reservoir Dogs, Taxi Driver (which practically made de niro)

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Working...
                              X