Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLLING STONES!!!

I am well pleased!

I have got four top tickets for the rolling stones in Sheffield, August 2006.

Here's the hard bit - they cost me well over £600 !

For that I expect a pint with Mick and Ronnie after the show - and they should be paying!

I'm still really excited though!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Golf?

Koi carp?

Rolling Stones fan?

What a renaisance woman! :lol:
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

I know, I have too many hobbies!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

I missed the episode on the Koi carp- can someone please light up my lantern?
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by admin
          I know, I have too many hobbies!

I don't have hobbies I have plans to try to pay my way so that I can get out of pharmacy!

I've just had a publisher tell me that my novel is well written and generally good but there's too much competition in the thriller market for them to publish! That's even more annoying than the stock, "We've reviewed your manuscript and it's not for us" letter!

Then there's my poorly performing printing business. My only regular customer being my Dad ordering letterheads for the Royal Naval Association and the British legion.

Then there's my attempts at art.

I'll try anything once. Well, apart from incest and Morris dancing. :lol:

This time next year I'll be a millionaire. :lol:
          Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

Maybe if you reviewed your own forum and answered my posts on it you might be a .com millionaire by now!

Comment

Koi Carp

To Zoggite

I just put a post on anything goes asking if anyone else keeps Koi Carp - the living jewels !

Or Plays golf.....

Or is interested that I paid over £600 for 4 tickets to the rolling stones!

Comment

This forum never ceases to amaze me! This is an open forum - i.e. it is open to members of the general public, and not just pharmacists.

Moaning about the public, swearing in discussions, complaining about the stat committee... are just to name a few things discussed by supposedly registered pharmacists. Do these discussions in an open forum aid the professional image of a pharmacist? I think not! Below is an example -

admin wrote:
                They are also probably the most rude bunch of people I have ever met!

...and this is from the admin of this site.

"Pharmacists must ensure that they behave with integrity and probity, adhere to accepted standards of personal and professional conduct and do not engage in any behaviour or activity likely to bring the profession into disrepute or undermine public confidence in the profession."

The above is a KEY responsibility of a pharmacist as defined in the Code of Ethics - if you are unfamiliar with this, check out your MEP guide. Sorry I had to remind you of this, but I personally think that tarring a whole pharmacy's customer base as "probably the most rude bunch of people I have ever met!" hardly instills "public confidence in the profession" - this is just one example on this forum.

I implore pharmacists who post on this forum to think before they write. I am sure that they would not say such things to somebody in their shop - please do not express these opinions in an open forum. It does not portray an exemplary image of a professional pharmacist.

Comment

Mt

What's wrong with the rolling stones - are they too unprofessional for us EVEN to go and watch?

And koi carp are just beautiful fish!

And golf is good for you, even if you have to use the buggy!

Comment

Re: Linnear

Maybe if you reviewed your own forum and answered my posts on it you might be a .com millionaire by now!

OK! All done can I come out of the naughty corner now? :lol:
                    Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

Sorry I was only joking.

Have you a word to say from our new member Mt?

Comment

Stones Weekend

Hi All

I'm going away for the weekend to see the Rolling Stones - if they all make it that is!

Any spammers etc just ignore, and I''ll delete them on Monday.

Have fun!

Comment

WOW -What A Concert !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Stones Fans

Wow what a fantastic concert that was. They can still rock and roll alright!

It started off with massive flames coming out of the top of the stage, then out came Ronnie, Charlie and Keith. The familiar twang of the guitars, beat of the drums, and then out came Mick to a massive roar!

Mick never stopped moving for 2 hours - no wonder he's so skinny. He talked to the audience a bit, and commented "Oh f**k it's raining".

They then got on a small stage that went right into the middle of the audience. It was raining so hard by this time, that it was pouring of Mick's and Ronnie's hat - Keith didn't even seem to notice! I'm glad I had a seat under a canopy - kept me dry!

They sang all their great hits, too many to mention really. My favourite was "brown sugar" and "honky tonk woman"

If you get the chance to see them - go - you won't regret it!

The final song was "satisfaction" and that ended in a whole load of fireworks and bangs - superb.

It was a night I'll never forget.

Comment

that ended in a whole load of fireworks and bangs -
                            Still end their concerts with lots of bangs eh? Still The Stones then!
                            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
                              Still end their concerts with lots of bangs eh? Still The Stones then!
                              Oh yeah, lots of big bangs!

"Keef" still looked out of his head!

He came to the mike, and turned round and said "what am I supposed to do" and gave a little laugh. He was only singing the next two songs!

Fantastic though - wish I'd had backstage passes!

Comment

Working...
                              X