X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Fox

Hi,
    last night i jogged though the city.
    Suddenly a fox crossed my way. It was a really nice beast but it wasn't shy. It came nearer to me as i expected.
    A bit scary - well it could have rabies.

Re: City Fox

Rabies extremely unlikely unless it is an illegal immigrant fox see the defra website.

A relatively strange cat bit me the other day, back home I would be off for a rabies shot but here the worst that can happen is probably tetanus.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    (T. Pratchett)

Comment

[QUOTE=paul2008;12940]Rabies extremely unlikely unless it is an illegal immigrant fox

What about asylum-seeking foxes..are they ok?
      Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Guys, I think Johannes was talking about his jog through the city of... Berlin!
        I don't think Defra's advice is very relevant that far east...
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Hm,
          Far east? Well known insider joke.
          Might be it was an asylum-seeking fox. He did not understand what I told him! Probably he found his new home on the graveyard nearby.(Where they usually have their refuge.)

Paul, once I visited relatives in London and stumbled over a grey-fox at 5 in the morning.
          Do you think I can caress british foxes without fear?

PS: I choose to jog at night so i do not have problems with curious dogs.
          Last edited by johannes; 14, July 2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I visited relatives in London and stumbled over a grey-fox at 5 in the morning.
            PS:
            I choose to jog at night
            You probably stumbled over the fox because you jog at night, and therefore didn't see it until it was too late, as it was dark.

It was most probably a red fox, but, because you jog at night, it merely appeared grey, as it was dark.
            Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Originally posted by johannes View Post
              Paul, once I visited relatives in London and stumbled over a grey-fox at 5 in the morning.
              Do you think I can caress british foxes without fear?

I'm a Londoner and I often come accross my local fox wither late at night or early morning - it spends a lot of time at the train station. I haven't caressed it yet.

Comment

i nearly caressed some in my car last night. they were playing in the road.

tonight there seems to be a fox-flavoured pancake on the road - a lorry must have caressed one instead...

“It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

A year or so ago my wife and I were walking through Bangkok one night when we saw a red light swinging slowly about head height.

Turned out it was a battery-operated rear light attached to the top of the tail of an elephant.

Elephants aren't common in Bangkok's streets but we do seem to see at least one each visit. We go at least once a year.

Comment

Elephants also only go to Bangkok once a year..you were extremely lucky to spot one! The elephant you saw was a female..the red light being strategically positioned to attract any holidaying males, after 60 gallons of guinness and a few bat in their trunks...

Fleeg the elephant guy.
                    Last edited by Fleegle; 8, August 2008, 08:51 PM. Reason: Pure stupidity
                    Don't Stop Believing

Comment

i don't need to go down to bangkok to see elephants! just my local on a saturday night.....*shudder*
                      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

I spotted one wearing a thong today..why are they always so visible??
                        Don't Stop Believing

Comment

it's because they often generate their own gravity...

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Suppose that makes sense..bit weird though.. the jeans obey the laws of gravitational physics, but somehow the thong moves ever upwards..
                            Don't Stop Believing

Comment

thats just because the thong's trying to escape the horror of 'down below'....

either that or dark matter is involved...maybe someone should ring new scientist...

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X