Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northerners Win Again !!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Northerners Win Again !!!!!

    what's going on.............?

    Those Man Utd lads have just picked up that big shiny cup instead of that posh London team.....................

    and Hull City are in the play offs on Saturday to try to get in the premiership for the first time in 104 years...............

    Happy times......

    (and yes I know, 90% of Man Utd are not from the north!)
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

  • #2
    Re: Northerners Win Again !!!!!

    And for the first time in eons the North East has three premier league teams for more than one season!!
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Northerners Win Again !!!!!

      Originally posted by Tony Schofield View Post
      And for the first time in eons the North East has three premier league teams for more than one season!!
      We actually won - unbelievable. The first time in 104 years we are in the top flight of English footie.

      The win was worth over 60 million to the club apparently! Maybe we can get some decent players now.......
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Northerners Win Again !!!!!

        You already have decent players or you wouldn't have got promotion.

        This £60m includes two years parachute payments if you are relegated ie £22m leaving £38m. There is also an estimate for merchandising. Hull don't have massive crowds so I would be surprised if the full potential would be realised for merchandising income.

        My own Sunderland spent a total of £44m and were involved in a relegation battle from day one. We only stayed up by the skin of our teeth. Birmingham spent a considerable sum and were relegated.

        The odds are very much against you staying up (and ourselves of course. Keane has apparently got another £50m to try and avoid "2nd season syndrome"). Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesboro have a huge job getting decent players to come here. They all want to be in London or the North West. However your manager is from my home town of South Shields and whilst I don't know him personally I remember him as captain of Bolton Wanderers when they had a magnificent cup run. I would love him to keep Hull in the premier league and do well.

        Good luck!!
        http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Northerners Win Again !!!!!

          Originally posted by admin View Post
          We actually won - unbelievable. The first time in 104 years we are in the top flight of English footie.

          The win was worth over 60 million to the club apparently! Maybe we can get some decent players now.......
          And your winning goal scorer lives where?

          Jeff

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Northerners Win Again !!!!!

            Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            And your winning goal scorer lives where?

            Jeff
            I don't know where Dean lives now, but he went to school with my hubby and often used to go in my local pub where I lived a few years ago.

            He is actually a pretty decent bloke to be honest. I guess he won't be going in any pubs here for a while as he'll get mobbed!

            It was a good goal though!

            Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
            Thank you for contributing to this site.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Northerners Win Again !!!!!

              Originally posted by Tony Schofield View Post
              You already have decent players or you wouldn't have got promotion.

              This £60m includes two years parachute payments if you are relegated ie £22m leaving £38m. There is also an estimate for merchandising. Hull don't have massive crowds so I would be surprised if the full potential would be realised for merchandising income.

              My own Sunderland spent a total of £44m and were involved in a relegation battle from day one. We only stayed up by the skin of our teeth. Birmingham spent a considerable sum and were relegated.

              The odds are very much against you staying up (and ourselves of course. Keane has apparently got another £50m to try and avoid "2nd season syndrome"). Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesboro have a huge job getting decent players to come here. They all want to be in London or the North West. However your manager is from my home town of South Shields and whilst I don't know him personally I remember him as captain of Bolton Wanderers when they had a magnificent cup run. I would love him to keep Hull in the premier league and do well.

              Good luck!!
              I ain't an expert on the money in footie ya know - let the hangovers go away before we think about all this hard stuff please!

              Hull have always had pretty good crowds really. We have a stadium that holds over 20,000 and we had that when we were in the 1st division I think.

              Ok, I'll be honest - I've been twice - my husbands the fan!

              I usually go to the KC stadium to see bands and stuff......

              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
              Thank you for contributing to this site.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Northerners Win Again !!!!!

                Originally posted by admin View Post
                I don't know where Dean lives now,
                Was my back door neighbour - but has moved to a different part of the village

                It was a good goal though!

                Very

                Jeff

                Comment

                Working...
                X