• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnout

Are you in danger of burnout

Test yourself

Burnout Self-Test - Stress Management Techniques from Mind Tools

Might be fun to correlate the results for the PDA :-)

Jeff

Re: Burnout

Ineresting - score not too bad when I gave answers for my role at the moment.

Put myself back into the shoes of being a manager - lets just say it told me to do something about it urgently!!!
    Titch

Comment

mine was on borderline of burnout. i must be working at the wrong stores???
      i better review

Comment

58 -ouch, i love being a pre-reg, really,,, i do!

Comment

My score was 63. Told me to do something about it urgently

Best laugh I have had all day. Come to think of it - the only one..!!

Comment

Score of 54 - 'do something urgently' Totally agree after today at work!!

Comment

19 – 32Little sign of burnout here, unless some factors are particularly severe
              mmm. Well, I meditate daily and used to do relaxation classes, so if I can't walk the talk then who can.
              ....just my opinion

Comment

anyone seen the angry pharmacist blog? After falling off my chair i realised that guy's got to score a 60 or above!

The Angry Pharmacist
                β€œIt's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                  anyone seen the angry pharmacist blog? After falling off my chair i realised that guy's got to score a 60 or above!

The Angry Pharmacist
                  Thank you sir (Sir), I enjoyed that.

Just so you know, though, I bet his residual stress levels are quite low.

Getting your anger out of your body and onto the page/blog/forum/unsent letter etc. is one of the best ways to discharge the energy safely and with control (ish). Reading others' rants seems to work well, too!

It's best combined with some physical action, of course: chopping wood used to be the traditional method, combined with a bit of creative visualisation (Privvy council, anyone?) .

For more good ways, see Anger Workout
                  Jim Messina's stuff is great, and you can get hard copies on Amazon.
                  ....just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                  X