Holiday destinations!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday destinations!!

Am trying to plan a September holiday for me and hubby. How many days would it take to "do" Boston? We are thinking of Boston then Vegas. Any recommendations?

Re: Holiday destinations!!

I was in Boston on a business weekend break. Drove to Plymouth on Cape Cod and saw the 'plymouth rock'. then onto Providence and around to Hyannis Port. managed to get into the Holiday Inn. next morning discovered I was near the harbour and could see a ferry getting ready to sail. dashed down and discovered was going to nantucket. On board met an old whaling man originally from cape verde islands who regaled me with stories.

Enquired about time of ferry back and was told that this was it, ie ferry went to nantucket and straight back. Oh dear, then they said was a small air company so perhaps could try there. I took a chance and after most interesting visit to the whaling museum and around the old town, straight out of carousel and petes dragon, waited at airport for an hour and flew back on six seater plane ($24) to hyannis and drove back to Boston. a 'magic' day.

If you pick up a car at Logan airport, ensure you have clear directions as easy to get confused in tunnel.
    happy new year,
    johnep

Comment

That's brilliant--thanks for that . Happy new year

Comment

Originally posted by lamzee View Post
        Am trying to plan a September holiday for me and hubby. How many days would it take to "do" Boston? We are thinking of Boston then Vegas. Any recommendations?
        Lamzee,
        I would probably plan a Boston trip like a New York trip. I would say a minimum of 5 full days just to see the city and surroundings. As far as Vegas, honestly, 3 full days would be plenty.
        pharout

Comment

Working...
        X