A little joke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little joke...

Once upon a time it was resolved to have a boat race between a team from a community pharmacy and a team representing the PCT. Both teams practised long and hard to reach their peak performance. On the big day they were as ready as they could be. The pharmacy team won by a mile.
    Afterwards the PCT team became very discouraged by the result and morale sagged. Senior management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, and a working party was set up to investigate the problem and recommend appropriate action.
    Their conclusion was that the pharmacy team had five technicians, two shop assistants and a delivery driver rowing and one pharmacist steering, whereas the PCT team had eight PEC members steering and one admin assistant rowing.
    Senior management immediately hired a consultancy company to do a study on the team's structure. Thousands of pounds and several months later they concluded that: "Too many people were steering and not enough rowing."
    To prevent losing to the pharmacy the next year, the team structure was changed to three "Assistant Steering Managers", three "Steering Managers", one 'Executive Steering Manager" and a "Director of Steering Services". A performance and appraisal system was set up to give the person rowing the boat more incentive to work harder.
    The next year the pharmacy team won by two miles. Following this, the PCT sacked the rower for poor performance, sold off all the paddles, cancelled all capital investment in new equipment, and halted development of a new canoe. The money saved was used to fund higher than average pay awards to senior management.

Re: A little joke...

Go On, I have read this already, on this site I thought. Probably the PCT boat also overloaded.
    johnep

Comment

Re: A little joke...

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Go On, I have read this already, on this site I thought. Probably the PCT boat also overloaded.
      johnep
      The PCT will get their own back when they get to control pharmacy funding.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
      X