Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information about OSPAP

Hello

i completed my M. Pharmacy from india and planning to apply for RPSGB. It's great if some body can help me in this regard......is this necessary that i must work as phamacist in my country. At present i am working in Clinical research and development as a bioanalyst basically dealing with Instrumentation and Pharmacokinetics. Hope i will find some help

Thanks
    pvr

Re: information about OSPAP

Hello

I completed my M. Pharmacy from india and planning to apply for RPSGB. It's great if some body can help me in this regard......is this necessary that i must work as phamacist in my country. At present i am working in Clinical research and development as a bioanalyst basically dealing with Instrumentation and Pharmacokinetics. Hope I will find some help.
    We have had this asked a few times as I recall. Try looking round the forum. The last time I believe it was this thread: -

http://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/glob...t-come-uk.html
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Hello
      i need the procedure n important point to take care of for being aproved for OSPAP program........

Comment

Originally posted by pvr View Post
        Hello
        i need the procedure n important point to take care of for being aproved for OSPAP program........
        What's the OSPAP program - some overseas pharmacist program?
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

OSPAP
          When you get in touch with the RPSGB, they will give you all the details.
          Last edited by ramroum; 20, March 2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

i would like to know about the pre reg placements... and pay .......and working conditions in general........

Comment

Originally posted by pvr View Post
              i would like to know about the pre reg placements... and pay .......and working conditions in general........
              There are already a lot of posts on pre-reg places and pay on the forum, as well as general working conditions.

Comment

Hey Hiiiiiiii !

how do you do? I am having idea upto slight extent about the same, hope that u will find it useful as I had got INFORMATION from my friends in uk from PHARMACYstream doing MS over there & they had some friends over there who are persuing the same course & they had said that either u must had worked as pharmacist in ur country for at least six months or in industries as a pharmacist.
                from now onwards be in touch.

REGARDS

Comment

Looks like UK still regarded as a honeypot. Next year likely to be greatest shortage ever as many elderly pharmacists like me will quit. Would not be surprised if this then precipitates remote supervision etc as an 'emergency measure'. Unless a few people die, will become the norm and pharmacists will be two a penny from then on with wages to match. Last happened in the thirties. Desperate unemployed pharmacists will then start opening 100 hour pharmacies as only way out of poverty.
                  johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                    Looks like UK still regarded as a honeypot. Next year likely to be greatest shortage ever as many elderly pharmacists like me will quit. Would not be surprised if this then precipitates remote supervision etc as an 'emergency measure'. Unless a few people die, will become the norm and pharmacists will be two a penny from then on with wages to match. Last happened in the thirties. Desperate unemployed pharmacists will then start opening 100 hour pharmacies as only way out of poverty.
                    johnep
                    Probably won't come to that - don't forget that pharmacists are graduates as well and have lots of transferable skills if the worst comes to the worst.
                    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Mind you, if the DoH and the big multiples get their own way, we'll be able to open 100-hour pharmacies and only be there for 51 hours in the week...!
                      (Except here in Wales, where Control of entry regs haven't been relaxed, even for 100-hour shops...)
                      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Oh! so that is why I keep meeting science graduates working as minimum wage assistants in pharmacy. One or two dispensers also have a science degree but unable to get work in what they studied.(forensic pkarmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, marine biology, biology etc, etc)
                        johnep

Comment

Hi

Just to remind the overseas pharmacists that they need to start saving up as the course fee is 8000 pounds (maybe is more now, it increases every year) in addition to the expensive rent and life expenses.
                          I forgot to mention that you need to pay about 500-600 pounds for your documents to be looked at by the RPSGB commitee, and if you were asked to come for an interview with the adjudicating commitee you will have to pay a similar amount £500-600 roughly (an interview fee).
                          good luck.
                          Last edited by ramroum; 13, November 2007, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Pharmacy experience definitely helps and just a tip look for a pre-reg place well before you start the course, contact your OSPAP provider to see if they can help before you start, an number of OSPAP students I am in contact with are struggling to find places although those with lots of experience have found it easier, at the moment it seems there are more potential pre-reg's than training posts.

Course costs are expensive yes and you have to live... well I also like to eat... I would say don't start if you can't budget at least £16000 for the course, and living.

From the sounds of things it will be at least a couple of years before you start recovering your investment. There also is a degree of pessimism about the future of pharmacists in the UK.

Is there not a lot of money in the Indian pharmaceutical industry?
                            Last edited by paul2008; 8, May 2008, 08:18 PM.
                            Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
                            (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Hello! After waiting for 7 (long!) months I have finally gotten the outcome letter from RPSGB saying I am eligible to do the OSPAP!!!

I want to start Sept 2009 but I am currently on a working holiday maker visa in the UK and my visa don't end until 26/9/2010. Can anybody tell me if I can apply to the OSPAP providers using this visa or do I have to change to a student/dependent (my fiance is in UK) no matter what???

I am aware that I can't change to a student visa until I've gotten a confirmation letter from the University, right?

Please help!

Sharon

Comment

Working...
                              X