Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• completed mpharm in India want to come to uk

Hi

I am Ram completed M.pharm in India. Presently working industry side. I would like to go to UK and want to work industry side. So can someone tell me the process involving to go to uk and work there.

Thanx in Advance,
    Ram.

Re: completed mpharm in India want to come to uk

Dear Ram,

You need to send an e-mail or a letter to the Royal pharmaceutical society of Great Britain (RPSGB) asking them about the necessary documents that you need to send to them, with a fee (around £500), (one of the required documents is passing the academic IELTS exam and getting at least 7/9 in each band), then they will tell you what is the next step in your case, you might be asked to attend an interview with the committee (there is a fee as well), it is like an oral exam, then they decide wether to ask you to do a full time one year course called OSPAP (fee is at least £8000 excluding living expenses, it goes up each year) and pass all its exams then do one year pre-registration training and pass its exam. Or they might ask you to do the 4 years pharmacy course + pre-reg if you are not good at the interview. You might not need to attend the interview but still every overseas pharmacist must do the OSPAP course and pre-reg. As you know you will need to apply for a visa when you need to come to the UK.
    Last edited by ramroum; 29, June 2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Although, if you want to work in industry, then I doubt you would need to bother with getting registered.

Comment

Thanx for the reply,

I am interested in working industry side. So do i need to register as pharmacist? Also it will be great if someone provide me their website and phone number to know about these in detail.

Thanx in advance.
        Ram

Comment

Registration only necessary if working in community or hospital where contact with patients possible.

The equivalent in industry is the 'Qualified Person'. believe details laid down in Orange guide. However, very few jobs in industry these days as all gone to India, China, Poland, South Africa etc.

You could get in touch with The Industrial Pharmacy group at RPSGB site.
          johnep

Comment

Working...
          X