Will US accept UK 5 YEAR PHARMACY DEGREE AT BRADOFRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will US accept UK 5 YEAR PHARMACY DEGREE AT BRADOFRD

I would be obliged if anyone could tell me due to US rule's: degrees outside US after january 2003 must be 5 YEARS.

That 5 year at bradford will be accepted just since the pre reg is splitted over 5 year.

Is this safer to do this degree, than 4 year + pre reg, using A level letters to get the FPGE certificate.

Re: Will US accept UK 5 YEAR PHARMACY DEGREE AT BRADOFRD

can someone explain this to me please.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Im from Bradford and ive never heard anything about this..It is technically a 4your degree, your just incoprating your pre-reg training within the degree.

Comment

hi you are right but its called 5 year programme and stated by bradford uni and ucas..so technically it is.

The US are asking for a 5 year programme of pharamcy so if your registered there on MPHARM 5 year..one would expect students not have to extra 2.5 years of PharmD to get your FPEG cerificate.

just wanted people input on this forum

Comment

I know this is a really late reply, and possibly not very helpful if you've had to make a decision as to where to study by now - Do Bradford really do a 5 year course? are you sure it's not just that they do a sandwich course where 6months of pre-reg is done during the 2-3rd year?
          Anyway, the answer is NO, this is not necessary. They will use your A-level years to count towards your total years of Pharmacy study. They did this with me, and now I've got my cert.

Comment

yer i emailed some guy at evaluation in the US and he said its a levels too. May I ask are you working in the US now or?
            3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

I'm in the UK right now. I haven't decided whether or not to go for the plunge.

Comment

have a look at this

Living the American dream

Comment

This site should answer all the questions re working in the USA.
                  many thanks for the link.
                  johnep

Comment

The U.S. will accept this as long as you pass the FPGEE (foreign graduate exam). This evaluates and determines if your education is equivalent. Second, you must do 1500 hours of supervised internship and then take the national exam (NAPLEX). You must also take a law exam in whatever state you practice as each state has their own laws. I know, it's complicated. I work in the U.S. and graduated here as a Pharm.D and my wife is from Spain and had to go through all of this (she had a 5yr degree from Spain).

Comment

Working...
                    X