how can i work in us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i work in us

Hey there, i heard recently a pharmacists job is much better and much better payed in the US that in the Uk. I was wondering how i could work in the US after completing a degree in the uk. thanks
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

work in USA

THe main thing is that pay in Uk is constrained because the Govt is the customer, in the US they just up the dispensing fee. I am told pay is currently around $120k. Remember living costs in US are 30% lower than in UK, and houses about half price.
    johnep

Comment

yer but can u work there with a degree from bradford or brighton?

Comment

Giggys, I have also been interested in pharmacy in america because i have alot of family there. Look at the article from the pj i posted on the other US thread. Not sure about bradford and brighton but i think you need a five year degree if you graduated after 2003 to take the fpgee, which is the exam used by the americans to make sure foreign pharm grads have the same level of knowledge as a new US pharm grad. I believe then you can try to get licenced in a particular state.

More info is on www.nabp.net under examinations and fpgee, dont count on it too much though because it could all be different by the time you graduate.

Canadas the same sort of process at the moment but they dont look at degree length.
        coconn

Comment

hey but the only thing is no one in the uk offers a 5yr degree

Comment

Working...
          X