Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do Pharmacists get paid globally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do Pharmacists get paid globally?

Hi

I am a commmunity pharmacist in the UK and wanted to get an idea of net pay (after tax) in different parts of the world. It would be great if people respond in the following format (i'll start of with my own)

Community/Hospital/Industry/Locum : Community
    Weekly Hours : 45
    Holiday/vacation : 5 weeks
    Net Pay Yearly : £23000

Cheers

Net Pay

Originally posted by luckydip View Post
    Hi

I am a commmunity pharmacist in the UK and wanted to get an idea of net pay (after tax) in different parts of the world. It would be great if people respond in the following format (i'll start of with my own)

Community/Hospital/Industry/Locum : Community
    Weekly Hours : 45
    Holiday/vacation : 5 weeks
    Net Pay Yearly : £23000

Cheers
    Gross pay is a better guides as everyone's tax is slightly different?
    Influenced by any other income.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pharmanaut;3104]Gross pay is a better guides as everyone's tax is slightly different?
      QUOTE]

Not necessarily a better guide: for instance, when I used to work in Belgium (up until 1998), the 40%-income tax band would kick in at £20k+, so you can imagine what a £38k gross p.a. ended up looking like in my purse after Mr taxman had helped himself...
      BUT:public services were better, too: public transport was still public and therefore reliable & cheap; there were no waiting lists for hospital treatments, hip replacements etc; my state pension would have been 60% of my average earnings over a 40-year career,tuition fees at university were £400/year, and so on.
      To a certain extent, it's true that you get what you pay for...!
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Working...
      X