Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lpsi/mpsi

Hey Fleeg

As far as I know, I'm an LPSI. How do I get to be an MPSI and does it make any difference? I vaguely remember being told at the registration, ages and ages ago, but i can't remember. Is it just a matter of filling in a form and sending a cheque?

Re: lpsi/mpsi

Hey Lamzee..

Yeah that's all you do. I think I rang them up and they sent me a form to fill in, and sent them money. It was something to do with being able to vote in elections for council...Actually I think all LPSI's may have been automatically made MPSI's a few years back, and charged accordingly with their next fee demand...best ring and check it out.

Fleeg.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Thanks Fleeg

Comment

Hi Guys,

Apologies for bringing up an old thread. What was an LPSI? I am a recent registrant so got the MPSI. However, I never heard of LPSI before and am just curious!

Comment

Licentiates of a profession used to be first rung on the ladder, then member and then fellow.
          Eg Drs used to be LRCP then MRCP.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
            Licentiates of a profession used to be first rung on the ladder, then member and then fellow.
            Eg Drs used to be LRCP then MRCP.
            johnep
            Thanks. So a newly registered pharmacist started as a LMPSI, then after X years they became MPSI? I was under the impression that a fellow, i.e. FPSI was given that title after some form of contribution to the profession or some level of experience that not everyone received during their career lifetime?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Jack View Post
              Thanks. So a newly registered pharmacist started as a LMPSI, then after X years they became MPSI? I was under the impression that a fellow, i.e. FPSI was given that title after some form of contribution to the profession or some level of experience that not everyone received during their career lifetime?
              All changed with the 2009 Pharmacy Act. There is now only one form of registration, the MPSI.
              There are no longer any Fellows either. Some people still use the FPSI they got before that in their letterheads, etc but it isn't officially recognised .

Comment

Originally posted by hibernia View Post
                All changed with the 2009 Pharmacy Act. There is now only one form of registration, the MPSI.
                There are no longer any Fellows either. Some people still use the FPSI they got before that in their letterheads, etc but it isn't officially recognised .
                How did someone become a FPSI?

Comment

You made an 'exceptional contribution' to pharmacy, usually over many years. Not sure how or who judged what was 'exceptional'. A bit like an MBE for pharmacists!

Comment

Back in the old days, a diploma pharmacist PhC gained an FPS on getting a higher qualification such as a degree. I was a pharmacist and then got the BPhm, but too late as rules changed. We do have FPS members on the forum.
                    johnep

Comment

Working...
                    X