Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i start...?

Hi

I am a Pharmacist from Philippines and currently living here in Ireland.
    I understand that before i can practice my profession here in Ireland, i need to undergo assessment and take examinations. But i believe that i can practice pharmacy technician here. How can i get the Pharmacy Technician Qualification?

Re: How can i start...?

OK...firstly, If you are a fully-qualified pharmacist, you should contact the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI) and find out exactly how you should go about becoming a member. You will then be able to practise in Ireland. This is their website:

www.pharmaceuticalsociety.ie

I do not think that your pharmacy qualification allows you to automatically be given technician status. The PSI will advise you on this. If you need to do a technician course, this very much depends on your location. Dublin Institute of Technology do an excellent two year full-time course. Read about it here:

Pharmacy Technician

Otherwise, contact Roisin Molloy at the Irish Pharmacy Union (IPU), who can advise on distance-learning courses available. You would require to be employed in a dispensary to make this an option. Contact the IPU here:

Irish Pharmacy Union - Welcome to the IPU Website

Hope this helps to get you started, whichever direction you may choose.

Best of luck,

Fleegle.
    Last edited by Fleegle; 20, January 2009, 08:13 PM.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
    X