• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: introduce yourselves

Recent case in USA of pharmacist poisoning ponies. thepharmacyalliance.com
    johnep

Comment

Was the pony's name 'Shergars son' perchance? (Vet is huge in Ireland)
      Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Hello,
        I`m non EEA Pharmacist,I have been working as a pharmacist for the last 2 years in pharmacy chains in Egypt,i`m looking forward working in ireland for sometime and tour EU.I hope to meet some fellow pharmacists here and exchange ideas about anything
        I`m also looking for any non EEA pharmacists who are doing the THIRD COUNTRY QUALIFICATION RECOGNITION (TCQR) EQUIVALENCE exam &Internship to share the experience and registration process.

cheers,
        Friendlyy
        Thanks alot for being here with all of you.
        Cheers,
        Friendlyy

Comment

Where have you been the last year? Ireland one of the countries most affected by recession and local pharmacists have trouble finding jobs. You stand no chance at all.
          johnep

Comment

Hello Johnep,
            I`m joining my spouse who is a teacher and going to work in Ireland so i must be doing something.yes i`m aware by the recession and the unfair 35% cut of payments of the irish pharmacists.i feel sory for my fellow pharmacists in Ireland.i hope the situation get better but how about rural areas in ireland ? away from Dublin or Cork?still no oppartunites at all??Pharmaceutical industry??Pharmacy assistant/Technician?I`m wondering what are my options..
            Friendlyy

Comment

Ah! That is different. You will have no trouble with residence. May still need a work permit, but suspect no problem. Initially work is available OOHs and in rural areas as in UK.
              Lloyds have several vacancies in Norfolk and Suffolk in E Anglia.
              johnep

Comment

Johnep,
                Thanks alot for your reply,I will get residence and stamp 4 which entitle me to work based on my wife.
                You have mentioned places in the UK,perhaps can you give me an idea about where can i find work away from compettetion?is there some pharmacy work i can do till i get registered in PSI?
                cheers,
                Friendlyy

Comment

Work is hard to find in all parts of Ireland, North and South, urban and rural. If you aren't registered with the PSI you already know you can't work as a pharmacist. If you do manage to get other work, e.g as a technician, it will probably be very poorly paid.

In Ireland personal recommendation is often important in getting work so if your wife isn't Irish you may have problems. Where ever you settle get involved in the local community, joining sports clubs etc., as that is a good way to find out about jobs that may not be advertised.

Your best bet may be to look for work in the pharmaceutical industry where you may be able to use your degree without being registered with the PSI. Sorry I can't be more encouraging but at the moment pharmacists are getting out of Ireland rather than coming here.

Comment

Saw poster today with Lloyds advertising jobs vacant in Kent, Norfolk, and Suffolk.
                    Currently they are tapping into the suplus pool of pharmacists in Northern Ireland. (article in C&D)
                    johnep

Comment

Hi Guys.

I'm SJ, Irish locum Pharmacist based in the midlands. This seems like a really good forum!

Comment

Irish locum Pharmacist based in the midlands

Irish Midlands or UK Midlands?
                        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                          Irish locum Pharmacist based in the midlands

Irish Midlands or UK Midlands?
                          johnep
                          Apologies for late reply, I have not been active for a while. Irish midlands and I am working all over!

Comment

Working...
                          X