X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduce yourselves

Hi

My name is Lamzee. I'm 41, have lived in Portsmouth, Nottingham, Belfast, Wales, Cork, and am hoping to start doing locums in Louth and surrounding areas from February. Basically, I have been more "nomadic" than a monitored dosage system (groan), but hope to settle down this time!

My interests include working, travelling to work, and adding up petrol receipts :-) . I also spend a lot of time ordering take-away food as I haven't time to cook. :-)

I am looking forward to spending hours every day at work chasing up unpaid HSE claims for ULMs, and working out how to input extemporaneous coal tar mixtures into the computer so the pharmacy gets paid correctly. :-) But at least I won't have to do MURs !

Cheers :-)

Re: introduce yourselves

Hey it's Fleeg..

Living in County Clare. I'm Scottish...came over from Edinburgh for six weeks in 1998..married an Irish girl..still here. Lamzee and I have already had a few discussions on other threads re ULMs, Hardship scheme etc. etc, so thought an Irish forum would be a good idea. Please use it...it's the only one in Ireland. I also enjoy adding up fuel receipts, (although for me it's diesel, as it's VAT deductible).

Looking forward to your posts lads, the craic starts here!

Slainte...

Fleeg.
    Last edited by Fleegle; 15th, January 2009, 10:15 PM.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

What on earth is a ULM?

Comment

Unlicenced medicine !

Where are you based Meow?

Comment

Oh jeez!
          I've been on a sabbatical since Christmas - and doesn't it show!
          I'm in Cork.

Comment

Know it well. Lots of trendy restaurants :-)

Comment

And rebels!
              Don't Stop Believing

Comment

and rugby players :-)

Comment

I used to love Cork when there on business in the 70s. Stayed first at the Victoria near the market, but a bit of a dump at the time so I regularly stayed at The Silver Springs. Remember going for a meal at The Arbutus Lodge.

Also stayed at the Blarney and kissed the stone, worried about the attendants letting a brit fall to his death.

Next stop in the tour was Mallow where I believe may have stayed at the Central.

Good days, had plenty of Murphy's and Paddy.
                  johnep

Comment

Restaurants, rebels and rugby players.

What more could a girl want?

Comment

why oh why didn't I discover this forum sooner ?!?!

I'm Twinkle** - a thirty-something ex-UK pharmacist, soon to be an Irish pharmacist when I get through all the paperwork.

I've worked in hospital, community, locumed a bit and worked in primary care all in the UK, before having a bit of an epiphany, jacking it all in and moving to County Clare (*waves at Fleegs*) to become a smallholder and gardener.

Trouble is, gardening doesn't pay desperately well so I'm re-registering and hope to locum through the winter to make some cash and garden through the summer...

Hoping for advice and tips - any you can pass on will be appreciated - I'll exchange them for some home grown veg if you want

**names changed to protect the daft !!

Comment

And a very warm welcome to the forum Twinkle! (and of course to The Banner County...Go Clare!)

PM me if you like and let me know where you are thinking about doing your locums...I will surely have some contacts...fresh home-grown veg is always welcome in our house!

PS..Mrs. Fleeg is talking about starting her own 'vegetable area' in our garden..any tips greatly appreciated!

Fleeg
                        Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Yes, welcome to the forum Twinkle.

We can help you learn about the DPS/LTI/GMS/Hosp Emerg/Hardship/Methadone/Drug refund/EU/TB schemes.. Have I left any out Fleeg?

Just ask :-)

Comment

GMR, GP stock order, Psychiatric (restricted to Eastern Health Board), Hi-Tech and Dental!..Oh and Health Amendment Act...

Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Thanks Fleeg

And scripts from vets as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X