Current Locum Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Locum Rates

To begin, I for one would be extremely interested to know if there is a significant variation in locum rates paid in different Provinces/Counties. As a locum myself, it's always nice to know where the grass is greener...Munster is presently holding at around €40 per hour.

Any thoughts?

Fleeg.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Re: Current Locum Rates

nice little forum fleegmeister!

and thanks to Admin for setting it up with you!

To all you irish pharmacists out there who nosey around on here, get registering and get posting!
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

From what I hear Munster is just about holding 40 in the countryside, but down to 35 in the City. People tell me Cavan and Donegal are down to 30. I would have thought Donegal would have been more, being more remote, but I don't really know.

Comment

Sounds about right...Clare, Tipp & Co. Cork still up at 40ish...don't do Cork city..too far south for me..Any idea about Dublin?..especially "outlying districts" (Ballymun, Tallagh etc)....agencies always have openings there....
        Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Don't know about Dublin. Maybe some new forum posters out there will know, hopefully...

Comment

Yes..that's what I was hoping for when I started this section of the forum. I have no idea how many pharmacists, assistants, dispensers etc. who use this forum are actually Irish or based in Ireland...perhaps it's only us, which means we have our own section!

Word of mouth helps too..tell people about it..start a few new threads..social stuff etc..posts on the forum show up on a Google search as well.

Thanks Lamzee,

Fleeg.
            Don't Stop Believing

Comment

To think that Irish professionals used to think that the UK was the promised land. When I was a rep in the 60s, many Drs were Irish. When I returned to repping in the 80s, not one on my patch.

Just shows what happens when govnmt places more emphasis on the economy rather than politics. As Clinton said 'Its the economy stupid'.

Extremism rare in a wealthy community.
              johnep

Comment

Well said John..

It looks like you might be coming across a good few immigrant Irish GPs in the UK fairly soon...They're charging €50 (at least) over here before your arse hits the chair in front of them. People in Ireland are feeling much better than they used to....

As usual, I refuse to be sick.

Fleegle.
                Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Yep but once Mary Harney cuts back a bit more on the medical card scheme, more people will be paying, and GPs will be quids in!

To be fair, Irish GPs rely more on "customer loyalty" and tend to give value for money, decent follow up, see people the same day, and give then a mobile number for emergencies. I can't imagine an Irish GP being dismissive of a patient and telling then to call back in a week--the patient would vote with their feet and their wallet!

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread. What are people getting now? The highest I got in 2011 was €35/hr. Highest in 2012 €30/hr. Average seems to be €25-30/hr now. Wages have certainly fallen.

Comment

Yes, same with me. €25/hr is around the average I used to get it Dublin, occasionally higher. Locum work as a whole has gotten less frequent and agencies pay significantly less then the aforementioned figures. Heard through the grapevine what the new entrants Tesco are paying to newly quals and support pharms..in a word yikes. Reference pricing and possibly more FEMPI cuts down the line aren't going to help matters nor will increasing student numbers + foreign pharms.

Comment

Just recently I saw one job offer for band 6 locum/bank pharmacist and they offered between £12 - £25.. I read it several times just to double check I was seeing it right.. I think technician gets more nowadays..

Comment

The above in London .. Didn't realise I was replying to Irish forum.. Lol

Comment

Yep, bear in mind we're talking about Ireland so when I say I'm getting €25 p/h as a locum that translates into ~£19p/h sterling and I have several years experience. I heard a certain supermarket chain, beginning with a T and ending in an O are offering €15/£11.97 p/h for support pharmacists. Very interesting to see/speculate where pharmacy as a profession will be in 10/15 years given current trends, increasing technological sophistication, remote checking, automation, advanced software etc.

Edit: No worries mate! It's a mirror image here as well, trust me!

Comment

There seem to be no jobs at all at most of the agencies in the UK at the moment which means the effective rate is £0 and there are many pharmacists with no employment at all. Time to look for a new career but what a waste of all that training.

Comment

Working...
                              X