No announcement yet.

UK pharmacist wanting to move to USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's the co-pay system and dealing with insurance that will take up the vast majority of your time.

It's pointless admin that devours time and doesn't use any of our clinical skills (maybe not all that different actually )
    I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

Hi,

I've got people that I know that work in the states and the working conditions are way more professional that the UK . They still wear white coats and have way more respect in the USA than they do in the UK.

I tried to get a professional working visa two years ago and couldn't get one. The only option you can get is if you sit the NAPLEX, FGPEE and the State Prudence exams but this is only after getting a greencard/work permit. The permit will be the toughest thing to get as you will need to have contacts in the US either family/friends that will sponsor your stay, otherwise forget it.

The life you will live as a pharmacist in the USA is on a different plane to one in the UK.

It is the HIGHEST PAYING 40HR job in the USA, you can command $100,000 quite easily. As things are cheaper you'll live a life like a that of a footballer.

The exams are difficult but without sponsorship there is no point.

Comment

Because US was founded by immigrants, it has always had an immigration policy. This has been refined over the years.
        !) Must not be a charge on the state. No one unskilled and just looking for a better life.
        2) Should have a sponsor.
        3)No criminal record in any country.
        4) No communicable diseases such as TB or HIV.
        look at pharmacist section of studentdoctornetwork.
        Generally, wages are double and housing costs halved. My nephew in Texas lives in what we would call a mansion, yet cost less than our small bungalow. However many Americans live in trailer style homes. It was mortgages on these which fuelled the crisis.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by SSParmar View Post
          Hi,

I've got people that I know that work in the states and the working conditions are way more professional that the UK . They still wear white coats and have way more respect in the USA than they do in the UK.

I tried to get a professional working visa two years ago and couldn't get one. The only option you can get is if you sit the NAPLEX, FGPEE and the State Prudence exams but this is only after getting a greencard/work permit. The permit will be the toughest thing to get as you will need to have contacts in the US either family/friends that will sponsor your stay, otherwise forget it.

The life you will live as a pharmacist in the USA is on a different plane to one in the UK.

It is the HIGHEST PAYING 40HR job in the USA, you can command $100,000 quite easily. As things are cheaper you'll live a life like a that of a footballer.

Read Jim Plagakis blog.
          https://jimplagakis.com/

And they like you to have a PharmD.

Reasonable thing to do if you are early in your career and have not put down roots.
          Choose your area of the US wisely though...
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by SSParmar View Post
            Hi,

Load of rubbish, I did the American qualification. Big companies are target driven. Oversupply of pharmacists. Older pharmacists on top end of pay scale are being fired for minor reasons to be replaced by newly qualifieds on greatly reduced wages. If anything, things are worse in the US than the UK, they won't even entertain foreign grads as they have a glut of homegrown and saves the visa application and fees.

Comment

Working...
            X