Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian graduates eligible for pre-reg in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian graduates eligible for pre-reg in UK?

Hi all,

I am currently a pharmacy student in Australia looking forward to graduate soon. I am interested in doing my pre-reg in UK instead of Australia as I heard there's a lot more saturation of pharmacists in Australia and bleak job prospects(I am actually not an aussie). I will be graduating with a 4 year Bachelor of Pharmacy degree instead of the MPharm. Will this be a disadvantage in applying for a pre-reg position there? I know both are undergraduate degrees, it's just that these two different countries name the same field of degree differently.

I would also like to know if just graduating with a BPharm degree in Australia will make me eligible to work for a pre-reg position in UK, in terms of academic qualifications and such.

Re: Australian graduates eligible for pre-reg in UK?

You might be best getting in touch with the RPSGB who deal with the registering of pharmacists in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by aussiepharmer View Post
      Hi all,

I am currently a pharmacy student in Australia looking forward to graduate soon. I am interested in doing my pre-reg in UK instead of Australia as I heard there's a lot more saturation of pharmacists in Australia and bleak job prospects(I am actually not an aussie). I will be graduating with a 4 year Bachelor of Pharmacy degree instead of the MPharm. Will this be a disadvantage in applying for a pre-reg position there? I know both are undergraduate degrees, it's just that these two different countries name the same field of degree differently.

I would also like to know if just graduating with a BPharm degree in Australia will make me eligible to work for a pre-reg position in UK, in terms of academic qualifications and such.

Dear Aussiepharmer,

You will probably have to do the overseas pharmacist assesment program which is quite expensive as the RPSGB is of the opinion that the Mpharm is at a higher level than the Bpharm (which actually depends on the institution and the national system).

My advise is to do your pre-reg in the country you trained i.e. Australia as it gives you so much more flexibility if you decide to move in later life. If after a couple of years the UK pharmacist market is saturated (possible) you will find it much easier to move if you are registered or eligible to register in the country in which you did your degree. I guess Australia also has the 2 year limit on starting pre-reg after recieving your degree. It is possible to end up in a position where you would be unable to work in Australia so you need to look into this carefully and perhaps seek advise from your regulatory authority.
      Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
      (T. Pratchett)

Comment

What's the pass rate for pre-reg in the UK?

I heard that pre-reg in Australia is a lot harder(I remember my pharm prac lecturer telling us), with a pass rate of only around 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiepharmer View Post
          What's the pass rate for pre-reg in the UK?

I heard that pre-reg in Australia is a lot harder(I remember my pharm prac lecturer telling us), with a pass rate of only around 50%.
          I seriously doubt this is the case, pre-reg is obviously meant to be passable. It is mean to be hard and a good tough exam is not a bad thing. Why don't you look at the pharmacy board websites in Australia and see if the have statistics. The RPSGB has statistics for the exam and if I remember right well over 90% of candidates will pass on the first attempt and almost all by the third.

Have a look round the official websites of these organisations and don't rely on what random strangers post of public forums.
          Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
          (T. Pratchett)

Comment

hello all guys
            thats good being here with you i hope u accept me as friend
            am pharmacy student here in egypt
            cairo university
            its my last year i hope i get healthy gradauted from that difficult exhausting college
            certainly i know immigration to uk nowdays not only in front of arabs becomes so hard but its almost closed market there
            i need to know if there still a way to make a board for overseas pharmacist and further that if i get that abroad and succeded is that going to be possible to get chance to go and work there in UK i hope if there `s anyone has resemble issue or has idea i will be glad to hear it
            and thank you all
            docotrs
            god bless you
            good bye

Comment

Colonel Nasser must be turning in his grave.
              johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                Colonel Nasser must be turning in his grave.
                johnep
                [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
                  can you be more responsible about what u say
                  thats not related to our topic
                  i thought u can be more wise man as u must be as respect and enriched personality degree as ur scientific degree
                  whatever
                  i dont care about what u say

Comment

Originally posted by drbeso View Post
                    can you be more responsible about what u say
                    thats not related to our topic
                    i thought u can be more wise man as u must be as respect and enriched personality degree as ur scientific degree
                    whatever
                    i dont care about what u say

with this attitude, you better not come to the UK!
                    i am not a wise man btw!
                    if you do not care about what 'we' say, then why bother to ask us?
                    plus, i am not aware that i did write a single word replying you ' friendly' post....
                    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

with this attitude, you better not come to the UK!
                      i am not a wise man btw!
                      if you do not care about what 'we' say, then why bother to ask us?
                      plus, i am not aware that i did write a single word replying you ' friendly' post....
                      -------------------------
                      so so weird
                      excuss me !! who u are to say wether to go 2 england or not
                      if i come to uk that will be by my qualification and i dont need to be get information from racist man like you
                      and till this point talk is over between us

Comment

i choose to ignore both you and your post, i am glad there is an option to ignore individuals on this form!

Best Regards
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

i choose to ignore both you and your post, i am glad there is an option to ignore individuals on this form!

Best Regards
                          wow great
                          that i wanted to do
                          thx for notifcation

Comment

Debeso

Please show some respect to your forum fellow members….Raoul was only trying to welcome you to the forum…..
                            Lazy Lady...
                            [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
                              Debeso

Please show some respect to your forum fellow members….Raoul was only trying to welcome you to the forum…..
                              thank you
                              but i saw that wasnot nice welcome from him
                              whatever my target here not to get with anyone in stress
                              am sorry for all if u think i did that
                              but honestly i respect all of members but he started
                              anyway nice to be here with you

Comment

Working...
                              X