Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Diploma Pharmacist... Plz read...Plz help

Hi,
    I am a qualified diploma pharmacist from India.I am looking for work in a pharmacy as a pharmacy assistant,healthcare assistant and counter assistant.i have good knowledge of subject,communication skills and capacity. i am looking for work in london or greater london.

Can somebody plz tell me the best way to get work in pharmacy.

Re: Indian Diploma Pharmacist... Plz read...Plz help

First get your visa. work permit etc.
    johnep

Comment

give me answer

i have my work permit visa and i am in london

Comment

Re: give me answer

Originally posted by Zarana View Post
        i have my work permit visa and i am in london
        so you have a work permit visa,which is only given once an employer give you a job, and you are still looking for a job??
        [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Right. Firstly don't be so lazy. As a pharmacist you should be able to display a reasonable degree of intelligence and should be more than capable of answering your own questions. If you can't, the what the hell are you doing practising?

There are several ways to find out how to come to the UK to practice pharmacy. A good start is to look at the royal pharmaceutical society's website.
          Also have a look in our global section of the forum for details about the international conversion courses available to you once you reach the UK.

And don't expect everyone to do everything for you! You want to do this, YOU do the work of finding out how. We all have access to the same information sources as you do!
          “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

i've moved this thread to a more suitable section of the forum.
            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

first i am not lazy to find out any jobs or learn any new things but in royal pharmaceutical society they want 2 years uk experience in pharmacy technician job and when i go outside to find out any job they said that they want registration in RPSGB or uk hospital experience.and i came uk before 5 months ago so what can i do?i start one course which is drug awarness.and i am still looking for the job.

Comment

first i am not lazy to find out any jobs or learn any new things but in royal pharmaceutical society they want 2 years uk experience in pharmacy technician job and when i go outside to find out any job they said that they want registration in RPSGB or uk hospital experience.and i came uk before 5 months ago so what can i do?i start one course which is drug awarness.and i am still looking for the job.
                Can I just ask you, you say you have dpharmacy. Is that where you do pharmacy for 2 years and get a licence to put a shop?. I don't mean to be offensive but that type of knowledge is useless here.
                3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Hi,
                  I am a qualified diploma pharmacist from India.I am looking for work in a pharmacy as a pharmacy assistant,healthcare assistant and counter assistant.i have good knowledge of subject,communication skills and capacity. i am looking for work in london or greater london.

Can somebody plz tell me the best way to get work in pharmacy.
                  Hi Zarana,

I'm guessing that a diploma pharmacist is more or less the Uk equivalent of pharmacy technician. i.e you have studied pharmacy but not up to a degree level. Working as a pharmacy technician without being registered may be difficult because legally if you want to continue working after 2010 you need to be registered so most employers won't accept you unless you will be able to register by then.

My advice would be to ask the pharmacies where you are if they can take you on and get you through an NVQ, may be faster with your existing qualifications but will allow you to register as a technician.

As a start though be willing to take any job even a counter assistant just to get into the system. You could also try locum agencies or applying for basic posts in hospitals (do a google search for NHS jobs).

Good luck.
                  Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
                  (T. Pratchett)

Comment

thank u for your replies.yes i start job as a assistant pharmacist in a retail pharmacy store and after sometime i will start to learn NVQ level.

Comment

thank u for your replies.yes i start job as a assistant pharmacist in a retail pharmacy store and after sometime i will start to learn NVQ level.

erk!
                      Zarana - just to warn you - an 'assistant pharmacist' still has to have a recognised degree and be registered with the pharmaceutical society - the use of 'pharmacist' in the UK is a restricted title.

Will you be coming over to work as a pharmacy assistant, or pharmacy technician?

If so, then the NVQ qualifications will be an excellent start for you - and there will be routes opened up to you over time if you wish to pursue a career as a pharmacist via access courses which would allow you to join a degree course and eventually qualify as a uk pharmacist.

Most of all, good luck!

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hi Zarana. Please See your private message and reply me,.

Regards,
                        Vinothkumar.

Comment

Hi Zarana,
                          Could you please tell how you managed to get job in retail pharmacy

Comment

Hi Zarana,

Seem a little harsh some of these responses. I see where you are coming from the UK is a vast expanse and can seem quite scary when starting out. Best advise I can give you:

Make sure your English is up to scratch this is one thing proprietors look for.
                            Make sure you have a good CV - check google documents for really good examples.
                            Apply to the large shops they are always looking for flexible people to work weekends etc.
                            Check boots, lloyds, superdrug....

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X