No announcement yet.

Tetracyclin - anti inflamatory effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tetracyclin - anti inflamatory effect?

has tetracycline local anti inflamtory effect? why it`s used to treat aphtus? by which mechanisem?
    how about doxicyclin?

Re: Tetracyclin - anti inflamatory effect?

Originally posted by navid_o
    has tetracycline local anti inflamtory effect? why it`s used to treat aphtus? by which mechanisem?
    how about doxicyclin?
    I wonder too!!!!!!

Comment

Tetracycline Anti-inflammatory effects

Hi

I meant to post to this s few days ago and forgot.
      Sorry!

Tetracyclines are useful in rheumatoid arthritis by inhibiting the expression of nitric oxide. Minocycline too is a powerful immunomodulant which can subdue rheumatoid arthritis. Tetracycline and doxycycline may also act as anti-inflammatories by modulation of nitric oxide synthesis. Studies also suggest that the clinical effectiveness of doxycycline in the treatment of acne inflammation is due partly to its antioxidant effect on neutrophils.

The antibiotics act at the ribosomal level where they interfere with the protein synthesis of susceptible bacteria. They also have non antibiotic properties, which are not well understood. These nonantibioitc properties include:

Anti-inflammatory effects
      Inhibition of metalloproteinases (enzymes that inhibit collagen and gelatin production)
      Reduce new blood vessel formation (angiogenesis)
      Reduce programmed cell death (apoptosis)

I Hope this is useful.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
      X