Locum Pharmacists in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locum Pharmacists in the USA

Do US big chain pharmacies ever use self employed locums or is it all company employed relief managers?

Re: Locum Pharmacists in the USA

Originally posted by Hello View Post
    Do US big chain pharmacies ever use self employed locums or is it all company employed relief managers?

Jim Plagakis

Try the message board on Jim's website.
    They are usually a friendly bunch.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I think most of the large chains here have some type of "float pool" they use, just not called locums. Some hospitals and other institutions will resort to "relief staffing" agencies if they are having a hard time finding pharmacists to fill positions.

Comment

Eay way to find out. Most members of this forum holiday in the US. Next time visit a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist.
        johnep

Comment

john

I did this once in Las Vegas and introduced myself to the pharmacist in Walgreens on the strip as a locum pharmacist. He had never heard of a locum and said like pharout says they used "floaters". He never however said if these guys were self employed or company relief pharmacists.

Comment

Imagine being referred to as a "floater".

Comment

Brilliant link Pharmanaut

couldn't stop laughing
              gathered the guy has been practising for >40 years , glad to know he still has a sense of humour and a great one at that!
              Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                Eay way to find out. Most members of this forum holiday in the US. Next time visit a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist.
                johnep
                John,
                Based on the present conversion of the GBP to the dollar, I would too...

Comment

john

I did this once in Las Vegas and introduced myself to the pharmacist in Walgreens on the strip as a locum pharmacist. He had never heard of a locum and said like pharout says they used "floaters". He never however said if these guys were self employed or company relief pharmacists.
                  Here, most are employed by the company. The only self-employed pharmacists I know of here (at least those who practice) are consultant pharmacists that go to nursing homes to do med reviews. Here, all of these are required by law to have a pharmacist periodically review a patient's med regimen. I think some contract out with these organizations.

Comment

Working...
                  X