Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy in Dubai

Hello.

First, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Elias. I'm a pharmacist from the UK and I graduated a year and a half ago.

I was wondering if there are any pharmacists here from Dubai or anywhere else from the "Arab world". The reason is that I have been seriously thinking about working over there but was hoping I might be able to speak to someone beforehand for some first-hand information.

Thanks in advnace and I look forward to your replies!

Elias

Re: Pharmacy in Dubai

I am a pharmacist from Egypt but my family my sister and her husband both pharmacists in Dubai so if u need any help

Comment

Originally posted by reedy View Post
      I am a pharmacist from Egypt but my family my sister and her husband both pharmacists in Dubai so if u need any help
      how is pharmacy in dubai.
      3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

there is work it is available as medical rep in the begining but it is all about marketing there is no single production factory in all dubai expect one which is opening in the next couple of years you will have to work as a med rep for 2 or 3 years then you will be promoted about money first it is according to company but generally from 2500 to 3000$ monthly which are enough in dubai then after promotion it reaches 3500$ to 4000$.
        you can't work in the national deparments only multinational companies expect you pass an exam
        this is general outline if you want something specific ask it plzz

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I read in the PJ that the traditional pharmacist role in the UK doesn't really exist in the Emirates.

Does Dubai have their equivalent of community pharmacist?

Comment

Originally posted by reedy View Post
            Any jobs for doctors (registered in the Pakistan but not in the UK) in Dubai?

Jeff

Comment

ok im not being funny or nutin, but if u turned up at dubai with ur doctors degree from pakistan, ud be lucky if they hire u as a doorman. ofcourse its diff if u have post grad/exp in europe or were like the head consulatant of a large hospital for like 1o years.

u heard about the burj arab, wel these arabs think big and pakistanis they treat worse than paksitanis are treated in uk. pakistani they think of as goin backwards they want doctors from, usa, uk, germany, they get their taxi drivers from pakistan.
              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

hey, i am actually lookign into workign in one of teh arab countries too!!!

but not sure what job prospects/salary etc are like,so was woundering whether u gusy had any info regardign this!!!

thnx

Comment

I'm not being funny either, but are you guys' keyboards working properly?

Fleegle.
                  Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

The only worthy work you can go for is in a hospital, where your accommodation is paid for, but you need a big CV showing you did work in a western country for long enough. Don't even think about community pharmacy.

Comment

reading back my post (#7) it sounds quite harsh but still holds true.

Related to this post had a lady phone up a while back about her daughter who was in Dubai on holiday. can't exactly remember what she had but she had gone to a community pharmacy there where they sold her some co-fluampicilin for watever she told them she had. and this lady was calling to ask how many to take and when to take them etc... Now im not sure how pharmacy/healthcare operates in Dubai, which is one of the most advanced arab countries, but co-fluamipicilin was obtained without a Rx and whoever sold it didnt tell the patient what to do with it. This is quite surprising as even when we here in the UK sell paracetamol (500mg) to someone we tell them "2 every 4-6 hours no more than 4 times a day".

Maybe certain meds like co-fluampicillin are sold like paracetamol is in the UK (but without pharmacist supervision), and to get any real medical advice you must need to pay for it and medical advice when you pay for is generally quite expensive, and Brits arent used to paying for things that are priceless...
                      We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

[QUOTE=reedy;10072]I am a pharmacist from Egypt but my family my sister and her husband both pharmacists in Dubai so ihiiii
                        hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i am a pharmacist from egypt it is of my pleasur to br friend of u

Comment

hey guys, thnx for all replies, i have spoken to a few ppl who are actually in dubai, and they have told me that the medical healthcare city in dubai is teh best place to work, is this true? also, how easy is it to get a job for a pharmacist with a years clinical and community work experiance? Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Comment

hi,

in dubai you give the money and they will give you any medicine you ask for
                            i went there on holiday and everything is totally different from here and one thing for sure:

patient care is not first

so if your a crap pharmacist ,just scraped a pass and got nothing out of your pharmacy practice 3 labs....THEN i would advise you to work in Dubai

im not being harsh ,this is facts about dubai
                            you would think its not because its got all those cool buildings and money
                            healthcare in dubai is rubbish.

anyone prove its not?

Comment

Working...
                            X