Sip feeds in ml

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sip feeds in ml

Why do PMR makers record the sip feed quantities in ml rather than cartons or bottles?

Jeff

Re: Sip feeds in ml

same thing for inhalers, compass requires you to put in doses as does smartscript. Beleve you have option of 1p (one pack).
    johnep

Comment

In smartscript you can change it. For example if want two ventolin inhalers there is a drop down list next to where you input the quantity so you can choose number of doses, inhalers or packs. Same with liquids where you can choose total quantity in mL or number or packs.

Comment

Yes I did know that, but the problem with smartscript that the defaults are wrong and it takes another second or so to alter. the easiest system in regards to automatic defaults is pharmacy Manager. EG when inserting pts details, put in Mr and it immediately puts in male without you doing so.

people who say 'it only takes an extra second', should appreciate that if you multiply the scripts by these extra seconds it adds up to an appreciable time.

I would love a timed comparison between the systems of adding a pt and executing ,say, a five item script. The old John Richardson system used to save address details when adding a family so you only had to alter the first name and DOB. Saves a lot of time if you have a family with a shri lankan name.

get your stop watches ready!
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          Yes I did know that, but the problem with smartscript that the defaults are wrong and it takes another second or so to alter.

get your stop watches ready!
          johnep
          The PMR systems will be switching to the Dictionary of Medicines and Devices which specifies the quantities will be in ml and inhalers will be in number of doses.

When using ETP don't put your "dispensing radar" on standby - keep it on high resolution!

All the problems with paper prescriptions will still exist on ETP, as well as some new ones that we haven't found out about yet.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Nexphase 7.4.3 and above can cope with either 1p (or however many packs) or in ml both in dispensing and in calculating owings.

Hardened Nexphase users out there may not be aware of this, as this is a relatively new feature. They are still ironing out pack sizes for bandages - but things like Ensure / Ensure plus etc respond to packs now.

The only thing which is a bit barmy is where you have selected 8p assorted flavours and then raise owings against multiple flavours. While the items dispensed are labelled and recorded correctly, the quantity owed is calculated correctly, but it's not necessarily against the flavour you would expect.
            You're only as good as your last backup ...

Comment

Originally posted by NexphaseNorthy View Post
              Nexphase 7.4.3 and above can cope with either 1p (or however many packs) or in ml both in dispensing and in calculating owings.

Hardened Nexphase users out there may not be aware of this, as this is a relatively new feature. They are still ironing out pack sizes for bandages - but things like Ensure / Ensure plus etc respond to packs now.

The only thing which is a bit barmy is where you have selected 8p assorted flavours and then raise owings against multiple flavours. While the items dispensed are labelled and recorded correctly, the quantity owed is calculated correctly, but it's not necessarily against the flavour you would expect.
              Thank goodness bandages don't come in assorted colours then.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X