• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which pmr system

i am using eclipe pmr should i stick with them or change,have found that
    it does not give enough information about drug interactions and
    explaining the reasons, starting mur soon

Re: which pmr system

Cegedim's Pharmacy Manager uses interactions under license from Stockley. The re is a brief message about each interaction and importantly what to do about it. The interactions are 'evidence based' so that a the "class effect" stuff is rationalised to reduce mis-reports. I've been told that cegedim are overhauling the interactions to use improved messages similar to those in the Pocket Stockley. As well as that any queries that cegedim can't answer are escalated to the Stockley team at the Pharmaceutical Press.

Oddly, cegedim have used Stockley for years, since they were jrc so they are so used to having them that the marketing of it is just a sentence in their booklet.

Hope this helps.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by alexandria View Post
      i am using eclipe pmr should i stick with them or change,have found that
      it does not give enough information about drug interactions and
      explaining the reasons, starting mur soon
      The company I work for use Eclipse, and I don't particularly like it. It's unstable (we are grateful we get through a day without having to restart), lots of the warning labels need changing and the endorsing is useless. As for the interactions, I ignore at least half of the ones it flashes up - it warns me about using bendroflumethiazide and ramipril together (increased hypotensive effect), flashes up red (warning, death etc) for combinations of drugs that may prolong QT interval, but nothing for salbutamol and atenolol.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G View Post
        The company I work for use Eclipse, and I don't particularly like it. It's unstable (we are grateful we get through a day without having to restart), lots of the warning labels need changing and the endorsing is useless. As for the interactions, I ignore at least half of the ones it flashes up - it warns me about using bendroflumethiazide and ramipril together (increased hypotensive effect), flashes up red (warning, death etc) for combinations of drugs that may prolong QT interval, but nothing for salbutamol and atenolol.
        Can you put a suppression on the interaction - once you have decided that it is OK?
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Yes, if you decide it's ok you can supress the warning, but it just throws up so much rubbish it's unbelivable. When something interacts with warfarin, it tells you about it for every single strength of warfarin the patient has had. Which is annoying to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G View Post
            Yes, if you decide it's ok you can supress the warning, but it just throws up so much rubbish it's unbelivable. When something interacts with warfarin, it tells you about it for every single strength of warfarin the patient has had. Which is annoying to say the least.
            Just a few thoughts as this sort of stuff is interesting...
            Do you mean it reports every historical instance of Warfarin 1mg, 3mg and 5mg if you dispense an interacting drug (back to the usual 6 months default cut-off?) I think most PMRs would report 1mg, 3mg and 5mg separately, but possibly only for the last instance of dispensing. There may be two things at work here, the quality of the interaction messages and the implementation of the software that picks up the interaction pairs. Not easy to get it right even if the programmer is a pharmacist themselves, then it has to be tested thoroughly before it gets out of the door, a tough job, even if the tester is another pharmacist! A third point - is the commercial pressure to complete that part of the project. Another tough one is drug-doubling - trying to get that not to over-report must be a nightmare, would Warfarin 1mg, 3mg and 5mg be drug doubling? Perhaps not, but two are prescribed generically and one by brand we might want to be alerted?

I'm going to shut up now - must be my longest post to-date.
            How times change.

Comment

If it's of interest, Nexphase warns you of an interaction once per family.

Eg: PMR containts Warfarin 1mg and Warfarin 2mg, you dispense Aspirin and you get one warning of the interaction between Aspirin and Warfarin.
              You're only as good as your last backup ...

Comment

Originally posted by NexphaseNorthy View Post
                If it's of interest, Nexphase warns you of an interaction once per family.

Eg: PMR containts Warfarin 1mg and Warfarin 2mg, you dispense Aspirin and you get one warning of the interaction between Aspirin and Warfarin.
                Wonder what it does when you dispense a sulphonylurea, (s) with capozide?
                Does it come up with two warnings, ACE Inhibitor may enhance s and thiazide may make s seem less effective? Bit of a risk if someone doesn't read all the warnings?
                How times change.

Comment

I'm afraid you'd need to be more specific - not being a pharmacist I'm not sure what drug name I'd need to dispense alongside capozide to test for you. If you would like, let me know an example of a script: Alternatively, you could talk to Cegedim directly and ask to speak to someone in their Professional Services Dept (Chertsey office).

Comment

Originally posted by NexphaseNorthy View Post
                    I'm afraid you'd need to be more specific - not being a pharmacist I'm not sure what drug name I'd need to dispense alongside capozide to test for you. If you would like, let me know an example of a script: Alternatively, you could talk to Cegedim directly and ask to speak to someone in their Professional Services Dept (Chertsey office).
                    How about Capozide Tablets, or Innozide Tablets with Gliclazide 80mg Tablets
                    How times change.

Comment

Hmm. Interesting example. Mr R Test had no former PMR history.

Dispense script 1 for Mr R Test:
                      1p Gliclazide 30mg M/R tabs
                      1p Innozide tabs

No interaction displayed.

Dispense script 2 for Mr R Test:
                      1p Capozid LS tabs 25/12.5

Initial 'medium' interaction displayed between Capozide and Innozide, but also a suppressed 'minor' interaction between Capozide and Gliclazide.

Does that go any to answering your query? Again, at a disadvantage here, not being MPharm

Comment

Working...
                      X