Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cegedim Pharmacy Manager

Have you found the FAQ section yet?
    Go to the leaflet menu and type in FAQ to see a list.
    Apparently this info can come with the monthly drug file updates.
    A good attempt to help us with the oddities that crop up!
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Re: Cegedim Pharmacy Manager

We are having dreadful problems with the system crashing, and lots of Access violation errors, since the ETP was installed. Any suggestions? Cegedim have been a waste of space. We've done an Integrity fix, a pack and reindex, and the engineer came out, and changed a few network settings . I think it it a memory problem with the client, which is an old laptop, but is use din the MDS room. Inputting a home and printing it off overloads it. However, I'm 'just the locum' and the other pharmacist is computer illiterate.

Comment

I'm getting back under yoke as an employee pharmacist in five weeks in a shop that uses Pharmacy manager anyone know if you can get an online manual anywhere?
      Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
      pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
      eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Roving Relief View Post
        We are having dreadful problems with the system crashing, and lots of Access violation errors, since the ETP was installed. Any suggestions? Cegedim have been a waste of space. We've done an Integrity fix, a pack and reindex, and the engineer came out, and changed a few network settings . I think it it a memory problem with the client, which is an old laptop, but is use din the MDS room. Inputting a home and printing it off overloads it. However, I'm 'just the locum' and the other pharmacist is computer illiterate.
        My experience with cegedim is that they do their best - but they can't be responsible for everything. Maybe there is a software clash with something else other than pharmacy software installed post-delivery on the laptop?

The laptop might just need "spring cleaning" if a lot of software has been installed on it - a quick look in task manager will show you what is in memory.

You didn't mention how old the "old laptop" is it may need renewing, or put another memory stick in it? You might be able to pick some up cheap on ebay, or talk the proprietor into a new laptop. Alternatively, ditch the laptop and order a new client from cegedim. The new LCD monitors give the system a low footprint. You could add a more compact keyboard and compact mouse if space is limited? Many laptops run with the processor throttled back to reduce power consumption - so I am told.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
          I'm getting back under yoke as an employee pharmacist in five weeks in a shop that uses Pharmacy manager anyone know if you can get an online manual anywhere?
          Give Cegedim in Leyland a call, explain that your are a locum and that you would like a demo disk so that you can get used to the system. They will happily send you one - as it helps them by reducing support calls. Something that all our computer suppliers are having plenty of because of EPS! If the won't send you one post back here, someone from their user group will see the post.
          How times change.

Comment

Do compass do the same?
            Having trouble getting training.
            johnep

Comment

I Think The Cegedim System, Although Not Brilliant, Is Quite Good Once You Get To Know Your Way Round It---have Always Found Cegedim Very Good On Phone And The New Tutorial Under "help" Is Quite Good
              SMITHY

Comment

The "clients" are always slow in my experience.

For an experement I have installed the fastest server and client I could get in one of our branches to see if there was any improvement, but it runs at the same speeds as the machines from 2 years ago. We have had our networks upgraded from megabit to gigabit and that has given us a bit more speed.
                I also added a UPS (£70) onto the server and this helps stop crashes. This may be a coincidence as that branch may have a better power supply but who cares as long as it stays on!

The lack of speed is a software issue as the base program of pharmacy manager is probably 6 years old (anyone remember sunrise?).

Just don't try to run anything complicated from a client e.g. MURs, lengthy searches, massive MDS etc - you will head for trouble.
                If necesarry swap your client and server around as we have done at one branch.

My Top tips:
                Close and re-boot the server every few days
                Run a de-frag every month
                Run the pack and re-index every month.
                Don't let the locums bugger about with your machines.
                Back up daily (or twice a day)

I did wonder if having the machines blessed and prayed over by a priest, vicar, rabbi, Muslin Cleric, Witch doctor and anyone else I could find would calm the spirits within...

Comment

Originally posted by Web Ferret View Post
                  Don't let the locums bugger about with your machines.
                  Excellent advice ;-)
                  As a locum if I've seen a better way of doing something I'll try to get back to show the manager.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    Excellent advice ;-)
                    As a locum if I've seen a better way of doing something I'll try to get back to show the manager.

Jeff
                    Usually the manager leaves instructions for me to show the staff how to do things as its the only time quiet enough for staff training on saturday afternoons.
                    How times change.

Comment

I need a rant!

No ETP for five days and counting now.
                      Cegedim replaced the server today - made no difference and caused 2 hours of disruption.

Still at least we can dispense the old way for now.
                      Heaven help us when release 2 comes out - Image not being able to dispense for FIVE DAYS as cegedim are bobbins.

Comment

Re. Help: try Cegedim Rx Ltd

Nexphase will NOT run on Vista and there are problems around Internet explorer 7 so make sure your Microsoft Auto Updates don't upgrade this.

The single most effective performance boost can be by switching off all the fancy rounded corners on your screens. This takes huge resource.
                        Right click on "my computer", select "properties", navigate to "Advanced" and "Performance" and select "Adjust for best performance"

Hope this helps.
                        Computer system expert.

Comment

Originally posted by KJShier View Post
                          Re. Help: try Cegedim Rx Ltd

Nexphase will NOT run on Vista
                          I thought that the CfH specifications required XP Pro. So the real question is...
                          Are any flavours of Vista allowable for ETP connection to the spline?

TIA

Jeff

Comment

Your correct... however Microsoft are getting increasingly upset that their pride and joy (yeah right!) is getting snubbed by vendors and oem's alike so the likelihood is that new licenses will be removed from sale sometime next year. This means that we won’t be able to purchase any new hardware with XP pro on. Anything being developed has to take that into account.
                            Time they took a serious look at Linux... me thinks....
                            Computer system expert.

Comment

I'm going to be locuming in a branch that uses Pharmacy Manager which I've never used before. Was going to be working with a member of staff that knew the system but I've now been told that this person will unfortunately not be in on the day. Anyone know if there is an online manual anywhere or can give me some basic instructions (new pt/print/endorse etc)?

Have tried Locumtang but can't find it and I've little time to contact Cegedim.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
                              X