lloyds System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloyds System

Pharmacy Manager and Mediphase have useful notes system which flashes up when you get to pts name.

Yesterday had pt who we promised to give kapake instead of Solpadol and I want to put in a note.
    I know it can be done because something similar came up on another pt complaining that Alpharma soluble paracetamol tasted like varnish.

Help please.

johnep

Re: lloyds System

Used Compass all day yesterday, takes long time to produce a label!
    I have been used to pressing F2 to bring up blank label for typing notes etc.

How do you get a blank label on Compass?

johnep

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "blank label"...
      Have you found how to leave a note for your patient who prefers kapake instead of solpadol yet? If not, let me know!
      BTW, have you found a way of printing off the "out-of stocks" from an order yet? I can print off the list of items that I will receive in my order, but it doesn't print what I won't be receiving and might have promised to a patient...
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Sorry if I confused you. Firts post refers to notes on the computer, possible in pharmacy manager and Mediphase (press f8 in pts register).

Pharmacy Manager takes account that pharmacists handwriting usually not good and therefore provides a blank label for typing on under 'tools'.(allows you to store these labels in memory)

In Lloyds old PMR this blank label can be accessed by pressing F2. Very useful for me to leave notes on scripts re queries etc.

Would not occur to you with your good handwriting!

johnep

Comment

Yesterday had an emergency supply which was a first time for the dispenser. I took her through it and pointed out that had to press f5 first and put to private script as no ES in list of types.

All Ok but price came up as though were private script. VAT is payable on ES as opposed to private scripts. Pharmacy manager automatically alters price, So how is a VAT price arrived at in Lloyds system? old and in new compass.
          Have training session on Thursday so will ask that question, also how is a blank label for typing messages obtained.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
            Yesterday had an emergency supply which was a first time for the dispenser. I took her through it and pointed out that had to press f5 first and put to private script as no ES in list of types.

All Ok but price came up as though were private script. VAT is payable on ES as opposed to private scripts. Pharmacy manager automatically alters price, So how is a VAT price arrived at in Lloyds system? old and in new compass.
            Have training session on Thursday so will ask that question, also how is a blank label for typing messages obtained.
            johnep
            Good question John.
            Some of our colleagues are also unaware that an Emergency Supply attracts VAT, perhaps this leaked into the Lloyds system. Alternatively is there a software setting that has been overlooked?
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

What about VAT on an emergency supply of an oral contraceptive: How much VAT is payable? 5% or 17.5%?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                What about VAT on an emergency supply of an oral contraceptive: How much VAT is payable? 5% or 17.5%?
                That's a good question - should it be 5%?
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                  That's a good question - should it be 5%?
                  Yeah it is a good question - I have no idea without looking for the answer. Go on Zo, don't keep us waiting!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                  Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                  Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                    Yeah it is a good question - I have no idea without looking for the answer. Go on Zo, don't keep us waiting!

EPOS system says the VAT rate is L, so it must mean the lower rate. 5%?
                    How times change.

Comment

I haven't got a clue either!
                      Personally, I get around the problem by refusing to give emergency supplies of contraceptives: I can't really see that the patient's health is at risk of deteriorating through NOT having her pill for a week or two, really; it's inconvenient, yes; but an "emergency"?I can't agree. Sorry. Buy some condoms for this time (5% VAT!), and don't be so forgetful next time you come on holiday!

Comment

OCs are specifically mentioned in advice on ES. We can supply one month.

On Sunday rota in a tourist area and in comes girl with bloke in tow for OC ES.

I said no problem and got her to fill out a form. When she got to the part where mention was made of a charge she exploded and said she would not pay as 'the pill' was free, it was disgusting etc, etc and stormed out walking straight past shelves loaded with condoms.

Perhaps she just wanted to be able to say No and say it was my fault.

johnep

Comment

Yesterday could not find pt on PMR so entered. Later discovered was already in with minor spelling difference. I asked re mering records and told cannot be done in Compass. as duplicate records common problem, can you merge in Compass?
                          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                            OCs are specifically mentioned in advice on ES. We can supply one month.

On Sunday rota in a tourist area and in comes girl with bloke in tow for OC ES.

I said no problem and got her to fill out a form. When she got to the part where mention was made of a charge she exploded and said she would not pay as 'the pill' was free, it was disgusting etc, etc and stormed out walking straight past shelves loaded with condoms.

Perhaps she just wanted to be able to say No and say it was my fault.

johnep
                            How true.
                            I would much prefer it if people would explode and refuse to pay _before_ I have filled all the forms in.
                            How times change.

Comment

Re. merging patients on Compass:
                              No, it can't be done. And you can't delete patients either...
                              So I get around it by "editing" the unwanted patient's surname: I just add "XX" to the beginning of their name, and hit Alt+S to save the changes; for example, I have a long record for Mr O'Rourke, but some dozy so-and-so has created him all over again and called him Mr O,Rourke, so I change that to XXO,Rourke...
                              Then I undo Mr XXO,Rourke's script, giving as reason "wrong patient record selected", and re-label it all for Mr O'Rourke, so that his PMR reflects what he really has had...

Comment

Working...
                              X