Using it to prevent lasa errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using it to prevent lasa errors

Hope all well? Is there IT software in place, to prevent LASA errors?

Not sure how IT would drive this.
    If you are suggesting scanning codes then you need to consider is the coding that you are scanning being validated for that purpose?
    If you are an IT supplier then my consultancy fees are quite reasonable.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Are you aware of how the current pharmacy software companies provide any help in pharmacy practice , to prevent LASAs errors from occurring already?

e.g if i typed in Ropinerole 4mg MR tablets, to be labelled, the PMR could alert the pharmacy team, to be careful not dispense its LASA, ie: Rispiridone 4mg tablets?

Comment

LASAS?
        johnep

Comment

• gmorris291
          gmorris291 commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you asked what LASAS meant!

Sorry Johnep. LASA : looks alike sounds alike....

Comment

Thanks, like quinine and quinidone etc. I agree bar scanning best way of checking. Particularly, if barcode also on label and original script.
          johnep
          Last edited by johnep; 19, August 2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

OK thanks for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by PAL BANCIL View Post
              Are you aware of how the current pharmacy software companies provide any help in pharmacy practice , to prevent LASAs errors from occurring already?

e.g if i typed in Ropinerole 4mg MR tablets, to be labelled, the PMR could alert the pharmacy team, to be careful not dispense its LASA, ie: Rispiridone 4mg tablets?
              You mean a pop-up message?
              This would add to the alert fatigue.

I'm not sure if telling people not to mix up one drug with another is a good idea, especially naming the drugs.
              This may create unwanted associations in the mind of the dispenser who then starts to mix them up where they would not have done so before.

There are some ideas around about using IT to achieve this but they have a commercial consultancy value so they are never published on forums.

47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Tall man lettering:
                https://www.ismp.org/recommendations...n-letters-list
                [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

Yes, very good idea and far simpler to implement. Manufacturers could adopt for their labels. Too many pop ups in PMR already.
                  johnep

Comment

Working...
                  X