proscript or pharmacy manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proscript or pharmacy manager?

we had eclipse for 8 years so we are out of touch with the other systems. We can't decide upon proscript or pharmacy manager. Has anyone used both and can advise. There are things we like in both so its down to a toss of a coin.

Re: proscript or pharmacy manager?

Have not used Proscript, but compared with Smartscript, eclipse, mediphase, link, and Compass; Pharmacy Manager best system I have used.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by handwrittenlabels View Post
      we had eclipse for 8 years so we are out of touch with the other systems. We can't decide upon proscript or pharmacy manager. Has anyone used both and can advise. There are things we like in both so its down to a toss of a coin.
      They both have their problems: but Proscript is easier to learn to use than PM, and doesn't require the mouse as much.

The biggest problem with Proscript in use is the irritating way it looses what you are working on if you forget to press f6(or f8 if its the last item).

The biggest advantage of PM is knowledgebase, but with the provision of the internet in pharmacies, that really isn't a problem.

I'm very used to PM, but its really hard to teach staff, it takes them a long time to learn, and the controls and shortcuts are not intuitive. Its certainly easier than the others Johnep mentions, though... apart from mediphase, but that's on the way out now.

For me its Proscript, definitely.
      ....just my opinion

Comment

Used mediphase that was good but now got proscript. I find, as a dispenser, it's very forgiving and easy to learn. The locums we have enjoy the system too and pick it up quickly too, less hassle for us.
        Make some one smile today.

Comment

Many Thanks for your help. Your comments have been very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by handwrittenlabels View Post
            Many Thanks for your help. Your comments have been very helpful.
            Don't give us that! - what have you decided?

and in a month or two, Were you right?
            ....just my opinion

Comment

I've used them all and I think Pharmacy Manager is the best of a bad bunch.
              They all have pros and cons. I've had a lot of problems with PM which are documented on here but when I looked at the others closely the grass was no greener - same shade of brown really.

PM does take some learning though so arrange some decent training - Its not really a figure it out for yourself system. I used to be a pharmacy manager trainer for one of the multiples years ago. We had a 2 day training program.

Comment

Originally posted by Web Ferret View Post
                I've used them all and I think Pharmacy Manager is the best of a bad bunch.
                They all have pros and cons. I've had a lot of problems with PM which are documented on here but when I looked at the others closely the grass was no greener - same shade of brown really.

PM does take some learning though so arrange some decent training - Its not really a figure it out for yourself system. I used to be a pharmacy manager trainer for one of the multiples years ago. We had a 2 day training program.
                Look at how all our software training is done, regardless of supplier.
                On the job with an ever increasing pile of scripts waiting, phones ringing, orders arriving, staff shortages; just to name a few.
                This is generally out of necessity - can't really blame the system supplier.
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

After a lot of thought we 've decided to try proscript. They will work with some of our existing hard ware. We use three terminals and plan a 4th in the consulting room. The price of a brand new system is silly at this time especially after being let down by Eclipse. I couldn't get my PM trial disc to work at home. This reminded me of the time when our old JRC system crashed before the milenium and we were hand writing labels for days. That episode put me off that company which is why we bought Eclipse rather than Sunrise eight years ago. I will let you know what we think of proscript in couple of months time. Thanks for all your comments.

Comment

The easiest and quickest for me is Analyst moreover it's a touchscreen. I do use it with robot dispenser and it's just amazing.
                    My second favorite is LINK. Maybe it's just because i'm using it so often..
                    I never worked on these ones: Proscript, Smartscript, eclipse. Could you tell me what companies are using them?

Comment

Not everyone gets on with a touch screen. Anyone used to MediPhase or any of the earlier DOS systems will be used to bashing away at a keyboard like a demented pianist to the point where they don't even look at the screen

We use Proscript which is great for labelling in quantity and is simple to use as it follows a simple process path:

Patient: Drug: Quantity: Dose: Label:

Pharmacy systems are becoming far more complex than simple labelling machines managing:
                      MURs
                      Monitored Dosage Systems
                      Serial dispensing
                      Supervised Dosage
                      Repeat management
                      Faxed Scripts
                      Emergency Supply
                      Private script register
                      CD Register
                      Delivery management
                      Minor Ailment Schemes
                      EPS (last but certainly not least)
                      and there's probably more to come..

Proscript is reaching the limit of what can be tacked on without increasing the complexity beyond the simple system it has a reputation of being.
                      A program with a standard windows based interface may not appeal to those who remember Richardson and Mediphase, because of the use of the mouse. However, new users are already used to this as it is the same interface they use for Email, Youtube, Facebook, Documents, Spreadsheets and all the other things they routinely do on a computer.

Everyone mocked Sunrise all those years ago, now it's called Pharmacy Manager people are singing it's praises.
                      [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by LeftArm View Post
                        Everyone mocked Sunrise all those years ago, now it's called Pharmacy Manager people are singing it's praises.
                        I'm not.
                        ....just my opinion

Comment

"people" is a bit of a generalisation.
                          I guess what I'm trying to say is that we need something new that fits in better with common IT standards so that new users will find it easier to use instead of designing software that is suited to those who remember the software of the past.

Remember Sonic the Hedgehog (or even Monty Mole) you start at one end and work your way to the end. The path is fixed like labelling a script the old Mediphase way. That's ok and is best at the time and probably best for labelling. There are few if any choices to be made and the course can be learned until you can do it in your sleep.

Now when I'm labelling I want to enter a CD in the register, print an MUR form and set a reminder for the patients next repeat without breaking the flow of processing each script. In order to be able to make these choices I need a program that allows me to go in different directions but still get back the the end. More like COD4 or FarCry. A free roaming environment.
                          [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

Hello, I am thinking of changing my PMR system from Pharmacy Manager to Proscript.
                            Is this wise?
                            please advise.
                            much appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

If your contract is coming up it is a good time to look at what cost savings you can get on your renewal, just like you do with car/house insurance!
                              One of the big problems these days is transfer of work in progress and the hassle this causes, especially with electronic prescriptions.

Someone also mentioned that there is an ownership association between proscript and pharmacy2u via a parent company?
                              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X