Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding to distance selling

Hi All
    I'm a pharmacist looking to expand on my current pharmacy and start distance selling, I already have a website idea, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about distance selling and also if it is possible to approve requests for prescription medications online once I have completed the required PGD's or if this can only be done via a face to face consultation. Also, do you have any recommendations for online doctors?

whatever you do be careful.....https://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/for...f-cqc-and-gphc

Comment

Biggest problem is getting people to visit your site. Pharmacy2U is currently advertising on TV.
      Use the search box to search the forum as comes up regularly.
      johnep

Comment

Mostly you will be small fish in a big pool.
        The big guns have carved out their empires now.
        You will end up chasing pennies.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I have done much research on this and I have to agree with Pharmanaut. One way of approaching this is to set-up a website selling a selection of private products. You can do this as what they call a re-seller with less risk and financial outlay.

Comment

I was involved in a distance selling pharmacy for a while, the delivery service worked, the online selling didn't and Googles new algorithms and the marketing power of bigger companies meant it never could. We mainly used to get requests for sales of co-codamol from Ireland and Portugal. I think Dr Fox was set up, but never used. I had ideas for other things we could have done from the premises, but I was told to concentrate on improving the online business. Despite hours of tedious updating, it didn't work.

Comment

Distant selling is pointless at this stage for a proper community pharmacy unless you want to open second branch as completely new pharmacy. But doing distance selling online in a community pharmacy is chasing the wind in my opinion. Why not expand on services and particularly in care home service?

Comment

Originally posted by Locum Rambo View Post
                Distant selling is pointless at this stage for a proper community pharmacy unless you want to open second branch as completely new pharmacy. But doing distance selling online in a community pharmacy is chasing the wind in my opinion. Why not expand on services and particularly in care home service?
                Careful with carehome services - there was a posting on C&D that summarised the situation quite accurately.

"Five star service for camping site rates" stuck in my mind.

It seems that you become a 'go-for' for the home if you aren't careful as well.
                ...and become RP for the home and could have the CQC breathing down your neck as well.
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Roving Relief View Post
                  the online selling didn't and Googles new algorithms and the marketing power of bigger companies meant it never could.
                  Thats the key thing here. What did you do to promote it and what sticking points did you encounter?

Comment

Working...
                  X