Nexphase- again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexphase- again...

Am I damned, or just unlucky, or is Nexphase a load of tosh. The one I use is so sloooow, (30 seconds to get to see an owing, let alone produce the labels), unstable (plenty of crashes), bug ridden, just plain awkward....
    To be fair the helpdesk are nice people, but not a lot ever happens. And I'm stuck with this thing for another 2 years thanks to the N3 contract. Is there anyone out there with a good story about it?

The biggest problem for us all with poor pmr software is that we are so isolated, there is no strength in numbers. Are there any user groups for particular programs anywhere?

Bring back Mediphase.

I have had one success with it- etp was so slow - 60-90 seconds on a good day- complained repeatedly to lots of people viz pct, cfh and made sure everyone knew who was getting what and lo- was eventually upgraded to CMB (think that's what it was called). Apparently this is the phase 2 implementation. So much better and downloads, when the spine is working...., about 5 or 10 seconds. The etp implementation generally though is poor, though I suspect this is partly down to the rules the software writers are obliged to use wth the etp bit.

Re: Nexphase- again...

Nexphase is rubbish, we had it on trial and it let you split GTN tabs, it takes so long to do anything.
    We got proscript, developed by the same guys who did mediphase I believe. Even a computer illeterate like me can operate Proscript, it's so forgiving when you make entry errors.
    Make some one smile today.

Comment

Thank God I'm not alone in disliking it. I'm told they have 3998 other users- that could add up to a lot of unhappiness.
      Those in the know tell me that the program is written using 'SQL Server' which is I'm told a pretty quick database language. The problem is if the program is written poorly ( something to do with indexes on the data files not being used properly) it gets very slow. Ho Hum.
      I reckon it was written by people who have never seen a dispensary from the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by frankiethepill View Post
        Thank God I'm not alone in disliking it. I'm told they have 3998 other users- that could add up to a lot of unhappiness.
        Those in the know tell me that the program is written using 'SQL Server' which is I'm told a pretty quick database language. The problem is if the program is written poorly ( something to do with indexes on the data files not being used properly) it gets very slow. Ho Hum.
        I reckon it was written by people who have never seen a dispensary from the inside.
        Its lamentable, but most software for use in pharmacies will never, ever again be written by pharmacists. EPS has seen to the end of all that, as the software is now so big and complex. Don't forget that there are FOUR NHS EPS variants in the UK too much for even the most talented pharmacist-programmer. The best you can hope for is that the software companies will send their developers out to experience working in a pharmacy, and that they will have a pharmacist in-house to consult on design.

I see from the PJ on-line that cegedimrx in Chertsey are looking for a pharmacist - now's your chance to get in there.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I'm intrigued by the 4 types of EPS - I had rashly assumed that there was only one. I'd forgotten that we were dealing with NHS IT systems here. Is there any info on the web about the 4 types. I have only seen the very public stuff that CfH put out telling us how wonderful ETP is now and will continue to be. All we see from the PSNC and the normal magazines is high praise. Where is the real stuff?

Comment

first used nexphase about ten years ago---it was rubbish then and when i used it at a well known multiple about six months ago it was still just rubbish!!!!! everyone knows its rubbish-- but it seems to me that some companies have bolted on 101 management jobs which is slowing it down even more???????????
            SMITHY

Comment

Let's get user groups going for all the pharmacy software programs- we are all so isolated which is just what the suppliers want- divide and rule. I'm sure that there are other problem programs. Swapping ideas among fellow users would be good anyway and if the suppliers tune into the groups so much the better.

Tell all your colleagues. It'll give this whole forum a boost anyway.

Comment

I'm up for that, I'll set a Proscript thread going!!

Comment

I dont think its fair to call it "Rubbish" at all.

NexPhase isnt. When its used correctly, NexPhase is powerful and versatile.

Alright, I will give you it is perhaps not the most intuitive of systems, but on decent spec hardware, where the user is familiar with the short cut keys, and is adept at ensure the system is "housekept", NexPhase is no slower than any I have used in the past....

I work in a busy-ish dispensary, we HEAVILY use the ScriptServe system, have NexPhase running on a nice box, with 2GB Ram, a regularly maintained hard disk, and a 24" TFT and its a cracking little solution.

If you want one solid piece of advice for someone that used the system, and trains people to use it on a regular basis, use the short cut keys! Ditch the mouse and your productivity will triple!!

And no, I dont work for NexPhase before anyone asks!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X