ECDR Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECDR Trial

New Electronic controlled drugs register (ECDR) called ECD-REG.
    Been re-released due to major changes and to comply with new legislation.
    To get your free trial version simply visit http://ecdr.uk

Features:
    Repeat entries.
    Meets new ecdr legislation.
    Record dispensed, received and destroyed drugs.
    Record Stock Checks
    User of every action/entry can be identified and password security is supported.
    Patient profile database.
    Last edited by rafhelp; 13, February 2018, 03:58 PM.
    ECDR.UK

Re: ECDR Trial

developement has been stopped. Although you may still purchase the program for example it can be used to print off paper copies which can then be kept in a bound book. This will thus replace the need to purchase those NPA registers.
    Last edited by rafhelp; 20, October 2010, 12:26 PM.
    ECDR.UK

Comment

'fraid so. Only chance you had would to have approached cegedim etc or gone to the multiples.
      johnep

Comment

I did, it was viewed by RPSGB, Home Office, NPA, Numark, Boots and a few large chains down south. I suppose if after all that I still have not sold one then thats a sign saying dont bother
        ECDR.UK

Comment

Proscript are, i think, developing an ecdr into their PMR software. Which, I think, will be more useful than a stand alone program. Sorry!

Comment

I too have racked my brains trying to find a product I could sell by mail order. Much more difficult than at first thought.
            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
              I too have racked my brains trying to find a product I could sell by mail order. Much more difficult than at first thought.
              johnep
              The ECDR was tricky to market, as it is non-integrated with dispensing.
              My wisdom on the subject is...
              Better to avoid any form of "physical product", ie one that you have to keep stock of.
              Downloadable software funded by donation, or with 'limited functionality' with a fee to activate fully is probably a good model for the internet.
              I know someone who used to sell software for pharmacy by mail order in the days of DOS 6.22. It was on the internet as well, but in the really early days before everyone had a connection. (Days of the 1440 modem etc).
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Yes, I have downloaded and paid for softwareto convert wmv, etc to dvd. Usual way to put up a message 'To remove this message, puchase online' etc.
                johnp

Comment

Well ECD-REG was and still is available as a 28 day free trial with an option to upgrade to the full version if wanted

see here Electronic Controlled Drug Register
                  ECDR.UK

Comment

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post
                    Well ECD-REG was and still is available as a 28 day free trial with an option to upgrade to the full version if wanted

see here Electronic Controlled Drug Register
                    Still the fundemental problem of integration into the PMR though?
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I agree that ideally any eCD register is better linked to the PMR system. A register that completes as the items are processed through PMR is most desirable. People are generally suspicious of IT and I think they are nervous to give up their paper copies for an electronic one.
                      IT users tend to blame the machine. If an entry is not recorded incorrectly I can already hear "The computer didn't record the dispensing in the register", "The computer recorded the wrong quantity", "The computer recorded MST instead of MXL" etc. etc.
                      The Proscript register looks pretty robust though.

I downloaded and installed the ECD-REG trial and the first thing it did was to reset the screen to 1024 * 768 and run itself full screen. It doesn't look to good on a wide screen monitor. The colours are garish and the interface is inconsistent (buttons and menus). Task manager shows that it is using over 100Mb RAM when running? On exiting changes had been made to Internet explorer settings and a browser window that had been open was minimised but wouldn't restore.

What programming language and database is used?
                      [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

It would be possible to do this. It would require communication between a PMR systems and ECDREG. This would enable it to be used as both standalone aswell with your PMR.

This would require work done by both developers of the PMR and ECD-REG.

But as ecdr are goverened by strcit law most PMR developers would choose to develop their own 'inbuilt' ecdr to give them more control and better integration with existing PMR system.

Like I said it was a learning experience anyway.
                        Last edited by rafhelp; 11, December 2009, 06:57 PM.
                        ECDR.UK

Comment

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post

Like I said it was as learning experience anyway.
                          Agree with your there - I bet you are really skilled up now.
                          Most of us just struggle along with computers and got very annoyed when the new windows PMRs started to appear.
                          I remember one pharmacist say they would "NEVER GIVE UP THEIR DOS SYSTEM".
                          Wonder if they are still using it?
                          How times change.

Comment

OK Maybe not relevent but husband(also pharmacist) manages health centre pharmacy catering to dep cat 6 area and hence pretty huge Methadone numbers and uses lap top add on system which provides approved CD register print outs which get - very high tech here - glued in to existing CD register. Which saves amazing amount of time if your clients number over 200.
                            Main system used is now Proscript but was a previous Link user and know that same add on system is used by those using cegidem (?spelling) so might be worth a look.
                            It seems to cope with most doctors foibles including reducing scripts and supervision on days determined by some zenist GP.And hubby is closed weekends Sat/Sun and also extended public holidays enjoyed by gPs due to joint alarm system for entire building.(Yeh, tragic - chortle. You should see the nasty health board letters exorting weekend opening for pharmacies in an area already well served by four other businessnes - none of which want to carve up their weekend takings so another pharmacy in the area really not required
                            Please reply if you require details of who to supply this v. useful system - and I will try to get them off husband tomorrow for you.
                            Am not in anyway profiting from this which probably makes me dumb as well as truly lovely.........but hey;we pharmacists need all the help ...etc.

Comment

Methameasure perhaps? We have a branch that uses this.

MethaMeasure - Home
                              [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

Working...
                              X