ECDR'S and PMR'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECDR'S and PMR'S

I know there alot of PMR systems in the UK. BUt ive used most of these yet I have never come across one that has a fully functional electronic controlled drugs register, although people say there may be some on the way, maybe.

I know the society is moving towards making in mandatory for pharmacies to keep electronic versions. One main advantage being time saved, and easier auditing and management of records.

So I would like to ask, especially if you own or work in an independent, is there a need for electronic cd registers in the workplace?
    ECDR.UK

Re: ECDR'S and PMR'S

Yes, more accurate, quicker to write up, no more poor handwriting and easier stock control/auditing.

Need to ensure daily backups are done and that everyone who uses it has own log on/password so all entries are attributable to someone.

Comment

Are ECDRs not a problem if you have a locum in who doesn't have a clue how to use it?

Comment

Not as big a problem as a locum who doesn't know how to use the PMR system!!

The ECDR we trialled was pretty self-explanatory with a good help file. A 'quick start' guide would not be hard to print up and put in the locum file. Most shops worth their salt SHOULD have dispensary staff who knew how to do the basics in the ECDR. Failing that there is always the help desk!

Comment

which ECDR are you using?
          ECDR.UK

Comment

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post
            which ECDR are you using?
            Could it be that the current PMR suppliers are all tied up developing EPSR2?
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

ECDR's linked to PMR is a great idea as it will complete itself as prescriptions are are completed. However there are currently a number of issues which make this impractical.
              Making each entry accountable to an individual (electronic signing)
              Making the data so that it cannot be changed after the original dispensing.

In theory you could enter the details on a spreadsheet, print it out and then sign it off each day (With the printed copy being the register not the computer copy) I'm not sure that an inspector would accept this?
              [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

Working...
              X