IT A Level Pharmacy Case Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT A Level Pharmacy Case Study

Hey guys! I've just started A Level unit two, and have decided to do an case study on an local Co-operative pharmacy.

Thing is, no one seems to have any manuals or product diagrams! Like how the "script" is paid for etc. Does anyone here have any instruction manuals as PDF's about Pharmacy Manager, RoboPharma etc? What systems could you not live without? What's your biggest moan about IT in your workplace?

Thanks in advance guys, and when I've done, not wanting to be an information Scrooge, I'll post a summary for folk to refer to about the pharmacy system.

Re: IT A Level Pharmacy Case Study

Originally posted by PeterW View Post
    Hey guys! I've just started A Level unit two, and have decided to do an case study on an local Co-operative pharmacy.

Thing is, no one seems to have any manuals or product diagrams! Like how the "script" is paid for etc. Does anyone here have any instruction manuals as PDF's about Pharmacy Manager, RoboPharma etc? What systems could you not live without? What's your biggest moan about IT in your workplace?

Thanks in advance guys, and when I've done, not wanting to be an information Scrooge, I'll post a summary for folk to refer to about the pharmacy system.
    Here are some links, as I know how it can sometimes be difficult to find the right starting place for student, but its now over to you to do the research and enjoy the learning experience.

Contact the IT supplier, they might even let you visit.
    Cegedim Rx - Welcome
    Pharmacy IT Solutions
    Pharmasys - the UK's first web-based pharmacy system
    http://www.rxsystems.co.uk/
    RoboPharma B.V. • Pharmacy Automation - Waalwijk - Netherlands
    ARX Ltd - Pharmacy Automation - Home

How could you forget the NHS is different in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
    Scotland
    Community Pharmacy Scotland :: Community Pharmacy Scotland
    Prescribing & Dispensing
    Northern Ireland
    Central Services Agency Pharmacists
    Ulster Chemists Association

Don't forget little old England and Wales
    Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee (PSNC)
    PPA -> Pharmacy Contractors
    Last edited by Pharmanaut; 6, November 2008, 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Re: IT A Level Pharmacy Case Study

looks like you have picked an intresting time to look at IT in the pharmacy - in terms of Enlgand you may want to look at what's going on with the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) ...

http:///www.cfh.nhs.uk/eps

or

EPS Release 2 (PSNC Guidance) Publications PSNC

should give you a taster!

k
      ____

Scan When U Can!

Comment

Working...
      X