Praise for Pharmacy Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for Pharmacy Manager

Not often I praise PMR systems but today PM proved its worth. had a phone call from a carer regarding a lady's medication and alteration to quantities as taking unexpected holiday. We were very busy and I regret I grasped only a few details as the carer did not know how to spell lady's name nor many other details. All I really had was the medicine name (mebeverine) and the adress nbr.

PM has a report 'dispensed items' which can give a list between any dates of which item has been dispensed to who. This turned up a couple of possibles.
    I was then able to search the pts file on those who lived at the nbr given.

Bingo!, I soon had all the details needed.
    Well done Pharmacy Manager,
    johnep

Re: Praise for Pharmacy Manager

You can do that on Link - its under "product recall" and on analyst too but I can't remember which screen.

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Not often I praise PMR systems but today PM proved its worth. had a phone call from a carer regarding a lady's medication and alteration to quantities as taking unexpected holiday. We were very busy and I regret I grasped only a few details as the carer did not know how to spell lady's name nor many other details. All I really had was the medicine name (mebeverine) and the adress nbr.

PM has a report 'dispensed items' which can give a list between any dates of which item has been dispensed to who. This turned up a couple of possibles.
      I was then able to search the pts file on those who lived at the nbr given.

Bingo!, I soon had all the details needed.
      Well done Pharmacy Manager,
      johnep

i have done it a couple of times on ECLIPSE ( slow system but great). so it's not only PM, i think all PMR if someone knows how to use them properly.
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

This is easily done on NexPhase using a Work queue filter.

Comment

Had script for Glyc Trin 300mcg. However, we had no stock and the system did not seem able to order. phoned another branch who told me to try GTN. Immediately glyc trin 300 appeared. I the altered profile of Glyc Trin so that it changed to GTN.
          johnep

Comment

Working...
          X