Endorsing font size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsing font size

PPA complaining re endorsing going over original script printing making difficult for automated scanner to read. Phoned Cegedim re reducing font size, but chap there fairly new and did not know if could be done. can it?
    johnep

Re: Endorsing font size

Originally posted by johnep View Post
    PPA complaining re endorsing going over original script printing making difficult for automated scanner to read. Phoned Cegedim re reducing font size, but chap there fairly new and did not know if could be done. can it?
    johnep
    That's what they get for not consulting anyone about the CIP.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

What package are you using?

I use NexPhase and the endorsement never goes over the original script text.

You can alter the font size, but it is quite tricky, and requires a little bit of HTML knowledge - not for the faint hearted.

Its not something that can be done from within NexPhase - as far as I know.

Comment

Cegedim pharmacy manager.
        johnep

Comment

Cegedim pharmacy manager.
          johnep
          Don't think you can change the endorsing font size in pharmacy manager.
          What printer is used for endorsing these days?
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Lexmark. Now you have given me an idea. The good old Panasonic KXP 1081 used to have font size controls on the printer itself. I will have a look.
            johnep

Comment

Lexmark. Now you have given me an idea. The good old Panasonic KXP 1081 used to have font size controls on the printer itself. I will have a look.
              johnep
              Worth a try.
              How times change.

Comment

Its highly likely that the font used to print endorsements will be TrueType (basically Graphics) based, and will be controlled by software, not hardware.

Using MediPhase the printer controls would have made a difference because Raw Text was outputted to the printer, and it controlled how it printed it (font, size etc) - but with Windows applications most text outputted to it, is printed as graphics therefore the buttons would have no effect.

In NexPhase for example, I believe the endorsement font is about 6pt Arial there or thereabouts.

Comment

Working...
                X